Glitches To Watch Out For (For New Players)

Terra

I've found this game to be notoriously buggy and glitchy at the most random times. It can happen to you at any moment and inevitably causes your saved game to be unplayable.

Save every 30-60 minutes and create multiple backup saves and store them on a flash drive if possible. Your challenge data saves even if you have to start a new game  However, this will make the Parenting and Sim Happiness Challenges more irritating to obtain

Damaging Glitches 

- Town Map Freezes

Unknown what causes it but accessing the town map or leaving lots via arrows will bring up the screen but with no options to select a lot or return to live mode. You can still travel to lots through interactions with sims and you using the "travel option" but the map remains broken. This is not game breaking if you don't need to leave your lot area but if this happens early on? Restart 

(If lots start appearing black and loading times become erratic, reload your file. This may be a potential source)

- Loading Screen Freeze

Random and may cause file corruption. Save a backup of your game whenever you plan to exit Live mode.

- Challenge Trophies not popping

PLAY OFFLINE. Do not connect to EA servers under any circumstances and stay off of PSN. If the trophies don't pop, delete game data and attempt the challenge again 

• Like 3

That's a shame. I bought this a few days ago, when I ran across it cheap when I was looking for something else, but haven't played it yet. I picked it up because I loved the original The Sims 3 for PS3. I even platinum'd it. It never froze on me. Heck, I rarely ran into too many bugs. My inventory bugged out one time but it fixed itself after awhile. So I decided to pick up Pets because I thought it'd be exactly like the original Sims 3 just with some new stuff.

Kind of makes me sad now that Pets has issues that Sims 3 didn't. I'm still going to play it, and can hopefully enjoy it enough, even with the bugs/glitches/freezing. But I would not have even worried about saving often if it wasn't for this post. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1