Can Sub accounts stream PS Now games?

MattStation2

From what I've read online, people say you can, so I bought a subscription with my sub account. However, it's not letting me stream games. Have I been lied to? And if so, why would they let me buy a subscription in the first place?  All responses are appreciated.

So did you buy a subscription on the main account and are trying to play on the sub account? If so the main account has to play the psnow game first then all other account can stream the game.

If you bought it on a sub account you may need to go and make your PS4 the primary PS4 for that account.

6 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

So did you buy a subscription on the main account and are trying to play on the sub account? If so the main account has to play the psnow game first then all other account can stream the game.

If you bought it on a sub account you may need to go and make your PS4 the primary PS4 for that account.

I bought it on my sub account using the master's funds. I do have the PS4 set as primary on my account.

Just now, MattStation2 said:

I bought it on my sub account using the master's funds. I do have the PS4 set as primary on my account.

Did you try to play PSnow on the master account? Since you used money from the master account it may have locked it to that account .

Just now, soultaker655 said:

Did you try to play PSnow on the master account? Since you used money from the master account it may have locked it to that account .

Nope, the subscription is locked on the sub. Just tried to stream LEGO Harry Potter on the master but it asked me to purchase a subscription.

"You must be at least 18 years old to use PlayStation Now. Check with the master-account holder to access PlayStation Now"

4 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

What message do you get when you try to play on the sub account?

Edited by MattStation2
Fix typing error

2 minutes ago, MattStation2 said:

"You must be at least 18 years old to use PlayStation Now. Check with the master-account holder to access PlayStation Now"

You need to go in to the master-account and change the parental controls for the sub-account.

This link should help

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/parental-controls-on-playstation-4/

3 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

You need to go in to the master-account and change the parental controls for the sub-account.

This link should help

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/parental-controls-on-playstation-4/

Just did so. It was on Level 9, so I changed it to allow all ratings. However, the message is still appearing. Do the settings need more time to apply themselves?

Just now, MattStation2 said:

Just did so. It was on Level 9, so I changed it to allow all ratings. However, the message is still appearing. Do the settings need more time to apply themselves?

Maybe. What date of birth did you put for the sub-account? if it's under 18 you maybe stuck. 
The only way to change the date of birth on a PSN account is to call Sony to change it.

Just now, soultaker655 said:

Maybe. What date of birth did you put for the sub-account? if it's under 18 you maybe stuck. 
The only way to change the date of birth on a PSN account is to call Sony to change it.

My real date of birth, which I won't share for privacy reasons. And I doubt Sony will allow me to switch my age. Regardless, I thank you for your responses. I will keep searching.