Smashbox Review - Another gem in the VR catalog

DuckSwimmer

It's your friendly neighborhood DuckSwimmer coming back at you with one of these kind of threads.

for my readers that know what to expect, hello again. sorry for not making one of these in quite some time. there hasn't been games that have been worthy enough.

For the little population with a VR headset id like to emphasize on yet another VR game that's extremely fun. Smashbox Arena is a VR Multiplayer game of a form of dodgeball. The objective is to eliminate the enemy team of course. Online the game is 3v3. There's different powerups that you're able to pick up like fireballs, boulders, a sniper and more! I literally lost track of time and played this game till 3AM yesterday lol.

If you're not all into the multiplayer scene there is a story mode as well which is just you vs AI. Which if I'm not mistaken helps you unlock heads in the main lobby so you could change who you're playing. The controls for this game are extremely easy as well. The only complaint I have with the controls is that turning could take some time getting used to. In order to play this game you have to use the move controllers so in order to rotate your character you have to push the buttons on the controller in the direction you'd like to move in. For example if I want to move to the right, I have to click the buttons on the right wand. My issue is that I occasionally cross my arms/hands and it messes up what controller is left and right and occasionally I have no idea what direction I'm turning in lol.

Here's gameplay that I streamed the other night from my twitch.

WARNING

There is a lot of vulgarity.

Highlights:

7:50 I start playing Multiplayer

19:00 is when I start to become MLG Pro

1:00:00 is when I start Story Mode

And you can basically skim around after that. I'll also just say that I really took a liking to this person, Tooziez, because his name is cute. So please ignore me squealing his name lmao.

Id also like to say because I started getting pretty good at this game, I began to get threatened by the enemy team. They started to run their move controllers across their neck while staring and pointing at me LMAO. I don't believe I got that on stream though.

Overall after all the craziness, this game is extremely fun and has been one of the few VR games to be released in a while. I definitely recommend it to any person who likes multiplayer VR games or dodgeball.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

• 10 months later...