It's not a competition but I'm winning

Can anyone shed some light on this one? I have been fishing for hours, after each tournament ends there is no cut scene or anything just the option to speak to the quest giver.

I managed to catch 8 fish along with a couple of boots which wasn't enough. Physically don't have time to collect any more!

35S6e8e29.png It's not a competition but I'm winning
Win a fishing competition.

Try your best to fish for dip fish as the game has changed it's random requirement after the update. before the update it was like 7 or 8 fish, now it can be anywhere from 7-11 fish... I just tested this a bit after the patch. This is a bit annoying but you have to be patient. Toss the lure. If the first fish isn't a dip fish. take it out and toss again.

Hope that helps :)

5 hours ago, Darth__Starlord said:

thanks mate, after calling it a night, the next morning i tried again and got it first time with 8 fish! so random, just glad its over. 

Now for those pesky cats... 

Yeah the cats are annoying! I've only found 35 and not sure where else to look as i'm in post game now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have any luck with this trophy after the patch? I have managed over past few days catch up to 10 fish and still no trophy. I must have completed at least 30+ attempts with fish score 8+ and still no trophy. Is it glitched or am I just having such terrible luck? 

• 1 month later...