Boss Analysis & Fights - Mercenary Difficulty

rubhen925

Hey guys, it's rubhen here with another thread for boss analysis. This time for Let Them Come. There are 5 bosses in the game (Final boss has 3 encounters!). You basically fight a boss at the end of each level.

In case people are wondering, my passives are usually Rapid Fire lvl.1, Red Cell Shot, Cooling lvl.1, and the Lucky Charm (Combo bar multiplier). All my passives were level 1 because, well I forgot to upgrade them lol.

Other than that, lets get started!

1) Level 1 Boss - Smasher

Fought at Wave 25. The boss is invulnerable to normal bullets most of the time and can only be damaged at specific moments. The boss has 3 distinct attacks. One is to lean back and charge a move. This is signified by the exclamation mark that appears in front of its chest. You have to shoot the boss at the chest area to interrupt the attack or it will do massive damage to you by doing a shockwave attack.

The next attack is to kneel down, and spawn a bunch of spider eggs. These eggs will hatch eventually making the fight tougher. So try to take them out, but it is also the best time to damage the boss as it is vulnerable.

The last attack is to throw a purple orb at you. It will hurt you slightly. So shoot it.

Armor piercing rounds can hurt the boss throughout the fight, but doesn't do that much damage.

The best way to take this boss out easily in this difficulty is to use the Explosive rounds. In the video below, I show the effectiveness of explosive rounds as it tore the boss in half before it could even attack. Something you may want to consider doing if you are struggling!

2) Level 2 Boss - Limpy

Fought at Wave 50. This thing is really annoying to fight because you need to get an Awesome or Perfect Rating when charging the Frenzy powerup. I'm kind of dodgy at it at the beginning of the game, so the fight takes a bit longer than expected. The only time you can damage the boss is when using Frenzy, so you need to charge your combo counter by hitting the boss and enemies. Once the combo counter is charged the frenzy powerup shows up. You need to charge the powerup and press x at the right time before it overloads. An Awesome or Perfect rating will stop the laser beam attack the boss does and you can damage it. A Great Rating will stop the laser beam attack. Anything lower than those rating and the boss will kill you instantly.

When you see the ! symbol on the screen, shoot the tentacle close the symbol. If not, the tentacle will hit you and do massive damage. The boss can also spit out spiders and flies at you. Either shoot them or use grenades to take them out.

Other than that, you just need to make sure you time the powerup charge for frenzy, as it is the only way to take the boss out.

3) Level 3 Boss - The Crawler

Fought at Wave 75. This boss is definitely an easy one but needs a lot of resources. You will need armor piercing rounds, and grenades.

This boss is an endless Worm. The normal sections of the worm can be shot by normal bullets. The ones that have huge red blobs can only be destroyed by explosive damage. A grenade notification will pop up, so pay attention! Make sure to use grenades, and the sections covered in metal can only be destroyed by armor piercing rounds.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem!

4) Level 4 Boss - The Blob

Fought at Wave 100. The Blob. The name is quite apt, as it's just a pile of blobs lol.

This to me is the hardest boss in the game. Let me explain why. This boss constantly attacks either with its blobs or with sending out enemies. The purple exploder enemies, if killed before turning green will drop eggs all around which will then turn into spiders. Enemies just seem to come out of nowhere all the time!. Plus, the damage you do is small.

The only way to do solid damage is to wait till you take some of the boss's health, and the boss will stop moving and a hole will open up. A grenade icon will appear. At this point you will need to throw a grenade into this hole. If you don't do it within a couple seconds the boss will regenerate it's health. On top of that during this phase, the boss can send out enemies, so yea...

My strategy was to use armor piercing rounds to kills enemies quickly, and to use grenades if necessary. I relied on maximizing my combo meter so I could get powerups. Mostly to summon drones or health if needed.

5) Final Boss & ENDING

This is the Final Boss in the game called "Experiment-1". You fight this boss 3 times in Level 5.

The fights occur during:

• Start of Level 5 - Wave 101 - Called Final Stage 1
  • Wave 110 - Called Final Stage 2
  • Wave 120 - Called Final Stage 3

Each time you fight the boss, it has different attacks and patterns. After you beat it the first time, you will have to complete several waves of enemies before fighting it the second time. Beating it the second time will spawn more waves of enemies. Once you beat 9 more waves of enemies, you can fight the boss for the last time.

1st Encounter:

The boss will have two health bars. A Red one and a Yellow one. The Red one is its health which will only take damage when all the yellow bar it gone. The yellow bar is its armor. Your goal is to shoot the boss till its armor is completely gone at which point the boss will take significant damage, and the boss will run away, ending the encounter.

During this phase the boss has only one attack. It's left arm will shoot bullets at you after an Exclamation mark shows up beside it. You have to use a Shield as your melee weapon to block it. Otherwise you are for sure going to take damage. Next, the boss will summon enemies periodically throughout the encounter. My only advice is to have Nova Bomb Grenades. These things are so useful and cheap. One grenade can clear the entire wave of summoned enemies. So use them throughout the fight. After the boss attacks and you block all the bullets, you can shoot back to damage the yellow bar (Armor). Remember an upgraded shield and repel bullets back at the boss as well. Once the yellow bar is gone the boss will run away and you will progress through the rest of level 5 with more waves of enemies.

Encounter 2:

At Wave 110, the boss comes back, this time with an added attack. It can now shoot small homing missiles at you. You can just shoot them down. It can also shoot you with bullets like in encounter 1. Also it can spawn more enemies throughout the fight. Same Strategy as before. Take out the yellow health bar.

Encounter 3:

At Wave 120, the boss returns and this is the final fight. It only has one attack, a laser that is shot from its mouth. Nothing can block the attack, and if it hits you for more than a couple seconds it will kill you. You have to shoot the boss's mouth while it is shooting the laser, to stop the attack before it hits you. As usual the boss will summon enemies, so have the nova grenades handy. Other than that, same as before, take it's yellow bar out to destroy the boss and move onto the ending of the game.

Timeline:

1. Final Boss Encounter 1 - 0:00
  2. Final Boss Encounter 2 - 1:15
  3. Final Boss Encounter 3 - 3:19
  4. Ending - 5:31

That's pretty much it! Good Luck to all of you!

Cheers.

Note: This game was given to me by Brandon of Versus Evil. I'd like to thank him for the opportunity to cover this game!

Edited by rubhen925
  • Like 3