Is coop/pvp required for Platinium ?

ReljaGamer

Hey guys, I was thinking between Dragons Dogma, Nioh and Prey but early spring is sign for this genre and since I beated all DS and BB titles I dont have choice :)

My question would be, is coop/online in any way required for Platinium ? In one guide I see that it is required indeed (2-3 online trophies), while in other it's marked as 0. I try not to read all trophy guide info since I love getting plat on my own, and I don't mind playing 2-3 times one game. I don't know anything about Nioh except that it's kinda like DS games. I never rage quit games therefore that's not my problem, but when it comes to online play I just dont like it, especially PvP.

Now I see that there are some missions which are updated "eventually" during day (real time), and apparently they are really hard with 2 bosses in some cases. Is that only "recommended" to go coop or there is a option between and I can tryhard solo until I dont grind very good items ?

Just to be clear here, even in DS2/3 I was grinding for hours (by killing mobs over and over again for even 10+ hours) some online covenant items since I don't like PvP in this genre, period :) 

Hopefully game is good enough, I've seen only 3 mins gameplay in DF videos and 2 screenshots on this forum :D

Edited by Mazi7ps

You can definitely get the Platinum without online/co-op. The game - which is excellent BTW -  can be pretty hard, but as you're a Souls veteran and you don't seem to mind grinding, you shouldn't run into too much trouble.

That said, having PS+ to get player revenants available to you is handy for farming good gear and it can be useful to help clear off a few of the DLC trophies quicker.

As for the missions that cycle every day, those are called Twilight Missions and they're basically just levels from the game with a different/harder enemy layout. They're pretty tough, but they're quite manageable solo if you keep your gear up to date and/or hold off on doing them until you hit the endgame.

Edited by Kitsuna101
spelling
  • Like 2

Co-op isn't needed in the slightest. All co-op does is make it so you can summon people and also be summoned so if that doesn't bother you then your all good, the other thing is revenants. Revenants are PvP summons inside a world, there's set ones and there's other people's so either way you can't lose out on it; it is required since you need glory to get new gestures and a skin but the AI is fine.

Twighlight missions are easy if you take your time and are high enough level, they're harder versions of certain levels but the layout is exactly the same.

If you are planning to get 100% then co-op is highly recommend due to the difficulty but there's certain build which lets you cheese the game so if you don't care for that then there's plenty of lists online.