Remote Play - Does PS3 not fully switch off?

Nasty_Rory

I tried to set up my PS3 with my Vita the other day for remote play.

Last night when switching off my PS3 it didnt shut off as normal. Whilst it powered down some, and the red standby light came on it didnt stop making noise.

I check it over and along with the slight hum it was making the green WiFi light was on.

Is this normal with a PS3 set up for remote play?

If it is I think I will stop it as my PS3 is a 5 year old fatboy and we are not parting company over remote play!

I tried to set up my PS3 with my Vita the other day for remote play.

Last night when switching off my PS3 it didnt shut off as normal. Whilst it powered down some, and the red standby light came on it didnt stop making noise.

I check it over and along with the slight hum it was making the green WiFi light was on.

Is this normal with a PS3 set up for remote play?

If it is I think I will stop it as my PS3 is a 5 year old fatboy and we are not parting company over remote play!

I don't know how the Vita works but when I used remote play, on my PSP, my PS3 would go into standby mode and the wi-fi signal would blink. Are you connecting to your PS3 locally or via the internet? Again, I'm no expert since I've only used remote play function once or twice.

Edited by Crimson-Cobalt

I haven't actually used the remote play - just set the PS3 up for it.

But when I switch the PS3 off now it continues to make a noise like its turned on, but the red standby light is lit.

The Green WiFi light is also lit and stays solid.

I was too tired to investigate further last night so I switched the PS3 off at its switch, but I will continue my search tonight.

I haven't actually used the remote play - just set the PS3 up for it.

But when I switch the PS3 off now it continues to make a noise like its turned on, but the red standby light is lit.

The Green WiFi light is also lit and stays solid.

I was too tired to investigate further last night so I switched the PS3 off at its switch, but I will continue my search tonight.

Yeah, it is supposed to stay on semi-standby so that it can accept signals to turn on or off from your PSP directly or via the internet.

• Like 1

Update

I turned off the remote start ability and the PS3 switched off properly.

I turned on the remote start and it switched off in that noisy semi-standby mode.

Then I switched off the remote start ability again. I can live with out the Vita being able to start the PS3.

And I slept soundly knowing all was well with my precious 5 year old :)

No point having the littlest one torturing the bigger one, its just not good parenting..... !