Who has this....impressions?

Wade_VC

Just comparing the game to the others in the series, here are my thoughts.

Pros: Smooth gameplay. Considering the number of things happening on screen, they've done an amazing job of keeping the high speed feel. On the levels where they throw over-the-top weather at you, it's a real treat for the eyes (although some may experience motion sickness). Most of the new vehicle classes are worth while. The online is definitely improved and again boasts the same smooth gameplay, IMO. The betting dynamic is a real gold mine that I think other games will be picking up on. For the trophy hunters this is a relatively painless platinum, especially compared to that last game.

Cons: Collectibles. Just a completely unnecessary addition. You get nothing except a trophy for finding them all. The addition of a "story" was also a huge disaster. It was like they took a loose collection of poorly thought out storyboards and slapped some color on them and said done. The fact that it's an easy platinum also takes away from the quality of the game. Some changes in vehicle handling and the absence of a natural feel, make this game feel like it's not a part of the Motorstorm experience.

Final word. Rent, don't buy, if you have that option.

• Like 3