Mega Man 11 Trophy Thoughts?

qregory

22 hours ago, ObsoleteWoman said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I noticed that some of the trophies say "(1st play)" next to them. Does that mean that if you don't get it on your first playthrough, you're locked out of the trophy? 

It's for the first playthrough of the file before you beat the game.  Some of the game completion ones like speed run and not using items have '1st Play' next to them.  Apparently after you beat the game, some OP items unlock in the item shop you can purchase.  The 3 items are the Power Shield (reduces damage knockback), Awakener Chip (Use all weapons without weapon energy) and Cooling System Infinite (infinite Gear use).  Having those enabled would definitely take a lot of challenge out of trophies which is why I believe most are limited to '1st Play'

1 hour ago, KyonKuchiki said:

It's for the first playthrough of the file before you beat the game.  Some of the game completion ones like speed run and not using items have '1st Play' next to them.  Apparently after you beat the game, some OP items unlock in the item shop you can purchase.  The 3 items are the Power Shield (reduces damage knockback), Awakener Chip (Use all weapons without weapon energy) and Cooling System Infinite (infinite Gear use).  Having those enabled would definitely take a lot of challenge out of trophies which is why I believe most are limited to '1st Play'

Ah okay, that makes sense. I didn’t know about the OP items. Thanks for the clarification! So we could still beat the game, then decide to do, for example, a “no items” run on a new file and still get the trophy. Thanks!

On 9/30/2018 at 7:39 AM, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Mega Man games already bloody difficult, even if you don't consider trophy requirements? When I was a kid my friend had an NES with Mega Man and no matter what we did we could never finish even a single one of its stages.

Mega Man games are difficult until you learn them. They are built to be replayed and experimented with, and all of them can be broken down to the point it's possible to complete them without taking a hit on 90% of playthroughs, if you're willing to put the time in. 

For me, the same thing is true of 11 as was true of 9 and 10 - it took me a couple hours to clear my first boss, but once I did the rest started falling like dominoes, more because I was familiar with stage layouts and this game's unique mechanics than because of the weapon I acquired. Technically everything is possible to manage on a first go if you've got good reaction times and you're comfortable with the game's mechanics, but for most players that isn't going to happen. 

I'd say 11 is just right on normal, and a tad easier than the previous ten games, if only because it's much easier to acquire enough bolts to buy items from the shop than it is in any other classic Mega Man game.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:52 AM, ShadyMan8903 said:

This isn't that bad honestly. Have you played 20xx (aka megamanx roguelike)? NOW that is a hard plat.

It's not. I'm about to finish my first playthrough and I've got 64% of the trophies at the moment. Finishing Wily will probably bump it to or close to the 70% range. The speedrun is the only trophy I'm thinking could be a slog since it has to be a fresh file. (On the other hand, after going through the 8 stages not using special weapons on the bosses or minibosses on my first run through, I imagine that'll go a lot smoother than I'm thinking - the main thing is not wasting time on menus. Far as I can tell, the timer is always running.)