Heitor's Gonna Hate Glitch

SHRUB_NASTY

For Heitor's gonna Hate, way early in the game I accidentally freed the mercenary needed for the quest.  He was killed and man confronted me when I left the camp and said quest failed.  Fast forward to now, need to complete the quest to get the quest that takes you to the third eye of Kronos cult member.  Started Heitor's gonna Hate, and 70 meters to the left is the quest marker on the mercenary.  You cannot interact with him or get him to come with you.  You cannot damage him.  If you leave and come back the quest marker is back where you found him and he is gone.  I checked at the boat and he was not there, Heitor was and said hey you need to rescue my friend. 

I cleared the camp and where he should be, the cage has no door, and a npc is inside that has a blank face and is not moving.  You cannot interact with him.  Cannot find this glitch anywhere else, now I am forced to start over or never finish the eyes of kosmos.  Unless someone has some tips.  : (.  As a completionist this is really upsetting.

Has anyone ran into this?  Is there a way to find the cult member without doing this quest?  Does this prevent me from completing the game?  

Thanks in advance.  

No. Heitor’s gonna hate is just a side quest and has nothing to do with the eyes of kosmos. You have to complete chapter 4 to get the sidequest related to Sokrates and Alkibiades. Look for Citizenship Test, Free Speech and A life’s worth quest to get the 2 cultist.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, urockdan2k said:

No. Heitor’s gonna hate is just a side quest and has nothing to do with the eyes of kosmos. You have to complete chapter 4 to get the sidequest related to Sokrates and Alkibiades. Look for Citizenship Test, Free Speech and A life’s worth quest to get the 2 cultist.

Just in case further proof is needed, I got the platinum and I hadn't even noticed a quest named Heitor's Gonna Hate :D