How do you do the combat trophies?!?!

ASiriusMan

So I know the blue flare is supposed to be your focus meter but I finished chapter 4 and still have no idea how to trigger the focus finisher, the beatdown or the environment finisher. There seems to be not a single forum or page I can find that just explains the f*cking controls >< (is cursing allowed on these forums? I don't want to get this removed as I need an answer haha)

Edited by X-3cut10n3rr
Not sure if cursing is allowed

3 hours ago, X-3cut10n3rr said:

So I know the blue flare is supposed to be your focus meter but I finished chapter 4 and still have no idea how to trigger the focus finisher, the beatdown or the environment finisher. There seems to be not a single forum or page I can find that just explains the f*cking controls >< (is cursing allowed on these forums? I don't want to get this removed as I need an answer haha)

For the Focus Finishers, hit L2 when you see the blue flare, then spam square and/or triangle on an enemy, it will ALWAYS be random, so getting 10 different ones may or may not happen.

For beat downs, when an enemy is on their knees, L2 for Focus and spam square and then you *should* perform a series of punches, at least that's what popped the trophy for me.

For Environmental Takedowns, I have no earthly idea. I saw a video on Youtube (there's literally only one single video on this trophy lmao) and they didn't even explain how to do it.

I give up on this game though. I completed NG+ for the sake of TRYING to understand more of the story, boy am I glad they added a DLC trophy for it. This shit should've stood quiet. It's so bad it's hilarious.

• Like 2

For Enviroment takedoen I got it on chapter 5 at the kitchen in the bar. There is soup pot that if you push enemy to it and punch them without using focus you. Dane will put their head in the pot.

For me the game impossible to 100% because the "win at life" trophy. I not sure when the game count me getting hit and if you got hit you have to replay the chapter again. You can't skip the scene. I not even sure that you can use chapter select or you have to do it in one run. 

I will try a bit longer before I give up. 

Edited by boonperm

Thanks for the replies! Unless there is an update letting you skip scenes there is no way I'm going for the not getting hit trophy, but I'd like to get the rest of them as they seem fairly simple, if I could only find out how to actually do them. With your guy's replies I at least know the controls now! 

On 11/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, boonperm said:

For Enviroment takedoen I got it on chapter 5 at the kitchen in the bar. There is soup pot that if you push enemy to it and punch them without using focus you. Dane will put their head in the pot.

For me the game impossible to 100% because the "win at life" trophy. I not sure when the game count me getting hit and if you got hit you have to replay the chapter again. You can't skip the scene. I not even sure that you can use chapter select or you have to do it in one run. 

I will try a bit longer before I give up. 

Think you can make a video for that one, if you don't mind of course?

yeh, controls make no sense, and i got a few of the combat trophies purely by accident..

Also...is there way way to return to where you are the level after you pause the game?

I've paused it twice (once by hitting the options button to switch the subtitles off cause they were annoying me in the beginning) and once when i hit the PShome button to check the time on the home real quick and then jump back into the game....both times i  had to restart from the very beginning of the level i was in which sucked...