Is order of doing quest matters?

lebrykgebryk

Hey

In chapter 2 I was doing Blessed are the Meek? quest and after that The Sheep and the Goats quest. Now it seems the only available quest is A Strange Kindness - i am not seeing Micah with An American Pastoral Scene quest. Is this a bug on intentional thing? It would leave me with 17/18 q in chapter 2.

Why the hell this game is so unintuitive..

Thanks

Edited by lebrykgebryk
update

Ok - unsaved save before The Sheep and the Goats quest, and still no Micah - and that save is just after Blessed are the Meek? quest. Apparently if you left only with The Sheep and the Goats/A Strange Kindness quests in that chapter, you cant get anymore An American Pastoral Scene. Not sure it's a bug - but anyone get into this, be warned.

I know that the quest order is important to some extent when it comes to the side missions - some of them become unavailable when you finish specific main missions.

Example

Spoiler

I didn't do the side mission yet where you have to get the nun food and money when she's standing in front of the church in St. Denis. When I then did the main mission where you help Colonel Monroe (or whatever his name is) escape, you have a video sequence with the nun where she also boards the train and goes away. After that mission, the side mission with the donations (needed for  Lending a Hand Trophy) wasn't available anymore.

I didn't realize this until I finished the story and didn't get the Lending a Hand Trophy. Then I checked and saw that I missed one mission, loaded an older save and then did the side mission before said story mission.

29 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I know that the quest order is important to some extent when it comes to the side missions - some of them become unavailable when you finish specific main missions.

Example

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't do the side mission yet where you have to get the nun food and money when she's standing in front of the church in St. Denis. When I then did the main mission where you help Colonel Monroe (or whatever his name is) escape, you have a video sequence with the nun where she also boards the train and goes away. After that mission, the side mission with the donations (needed for  Lending a Hand Trophy) wasn't available anymore.

I didn't realize this until I finished the story and didn't get the Lending a Hand Trophy. Then I checked and saw that I missed one mission, loaded an older save and then did the side mission before said story mission.

Conclusion is - make more manual save to be safer :)