Will Dedicated Server lower the difficulty/time for platinum?

@Silencer0004 Since launch, DBD uses a Peer-to-Peer connection. The killer is the host of every match and the ping depends on the distance between you and the killer, and your internet condition. Spoilers alert: It doesn’t work well. I personally get an average of around ~120 pings per match, because of the killer. Without mentioning that you can have cheaters who ‘lag switches’ to make the match unplayable for you.

Thankfully, dedicated servers will help a lot! By this Summer 2019, everyone will be hosted by the servers and not by the killer’s connection.

And no, dedicated servers won’t reduce the time and difficulty for the platinum at all, neither will make boosting easier. It will simply make your matches smoother. And you still get to do every trophy in Public matches.

If you think the grind will be unbearable, I really recommend to purchase all the DLCs and go after their trophies. Doing so will help you forgetting the grindiest base trophies: sacrificing 500 survivors, and reaching Prestige 3 Level 50 on a character. You will unlock both trophies naturally while going for 100% completion. :) I managed to do every single trophy legit in DBD at some point. Yes, some trophies are really tedious and luck-based, but try hard and you’ll get it!

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1