DLC Installation Issue - A Fix

Hey duders,

so, I’m seeing that I’m not the only one who had serious problems with the DLC’s installing for this game - and with so many of them out now, I decided to make a new post just to let y’all know how I fixed it, as there seem to be a lot of methods proposed online in various places that did nothing for me.

The issue:

you download the dlc, Playstation store (both via the game and outwith it) say’s ‘available’ or ‘installed’, but it is not properly ‘activated’ in the game.

How you know it happened:

The game might give you a message saying it’s installed, and the PS4 notifications might be telling you it’s installed, but unfortunately that’s no guarantee it’s actually working ??.

The way to be sure is by going to the ‘Challenge Tombs’ option on the main menu, and look at the list of additional tombs. If any one has a little shopping cart icon... Congratulations! It’s fucked!

What won’t work (or didn’t for me anyways): 

*deleting all game data and reinstalling

*using a phone or ipad to go to the store and re-downloading

*going to the store via the two in-game methods (these think it’s already installed, so won’t let you re-download)

*going to the store via the Playstation XMB (these think it’s already installed, so won’t let you re-download)

*Restarting the Game

*Restarting the console

*Shouting expletives at it (though, I’ll admit, this may help your frustration in the short term, but probably not your marriage)

What DID work (for me anyways): 

1. Close game

2. Breath deeply and relax. (Optional, but recommended if you have spent more than an hour on previously outlined methods)

3. Go to Library from XMB

4. Find Shadow of the Tomb Raider

5. Go to download additional content

6. Select the specific dlc tomb pack/ packs that have issues. Select only the additional level pack, not any of the associated costume/weapon stuff. That comes with the main pack anyways.

7. Download them, One at a time, and wait for the message that it is installed before doing another one.

8. Repeat for all packs required.

9. Load game.

10. Check Challenge Tombs list. If you have no shopping carts, then it worked, and you can be sure the mission givers will show up in the main game world now.

11. Like this post. (Optional, but polite)

12. Have an apple. (Optional, but tasty)

13. There is no 13, but I don’t want this to be confused with a method to beat alcoholism.

Hope it works for any of you having same issues. :) 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3