Problems with the Scourge (Queening)

I'm trying to fight the scourge now for many hour and games, but they seem to be overpowered. I already have a 150k+ fleet with all battleships using tachyon lance, max point-defense and max armor + plating. Actually I can kill one (at a time) of their 200k+ fleets with minimal losses, but it takes 2 - 3 months and they seem to reproduce instantly.
I figured out, they have a hard time to infest plantes with a decent defensive army. But they are attacking on so many fronts and my bs fleet is moving so slow inside a system, that they are expanding faster than I can contain them. Am I missing a major mechanic here to defeat them? Has someone who defeated the scourge some valuable advices for me?
Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see that this was posted a couple weeks ago. Is this still an issue for you?

In any case, when it comes to late-game, building your fleets plays a bigger role - especially in countering and defending against the crises.

For the Prerothryn Scourge you should build your fleets to use strike craft, missiles, point-defence and armour. I also used the kinetic weapons by their side.

Don't worry about fleet numbers. When you are using the proper stats and weapons it won't matter as much. I managed to destroy around ten scourge fleets with a single 120k fleet of my own. Their numbers were around 220k each time. I was reduced to 62k and still winning towards the end.

If you're having a lot of trouble find a connecting system between you and the scourge with only one lane: build fortresses and a station or two (if you can) and camp until the mission appears. Then head there.

As for the queens, you won't get them from destroying the scourge: wait for the mission to appear.

Edited by GarryKE