Anyone have any clue how to get 5 stars on missions?

Beyrone

It doesn't appear to be related to score at all. For example I got 5 stars on all the car shooting missions with terrible scores but by using a pistol only. I just can't figure out what to do on the rest.

Edit: 

I've just finished all the levels and got the platinum(finally!). Here's my list of things I followed to get it:

1. Always go for headshots.

2. Don't worry too much about accuracy.

3. Don't worry too much about dying.

4. Forget about stealth.

5. Take whatever path available to bring more enemies to you.

If you have a silencer, remove it. Seriously. There are many oppurtunities for guards to call backup and you want as many people coming at you as possible(more people = more headshots). Also if you see a camera, shoot it. It will spot you and alert guards.

Edited by Beyrone

13 minutes ago, ViciousBroccoli said:

I was literally about to post a question on this. I'm trying for that silver trophy but can't seem to get it. I've gotten great scores on all categories but still getting 4 stars on the first mission

Same, it's last trophy I need for platinum. And yeah I've literally done that mission 20+ times now, can't get better than 4 stars.

After doing collectible cleanup, I managed to have enough stars to unlock the laser sight attachment. Putting it on the revolver helped me five-star most of the missions (using precision mode as much as possible to get headshots). The last mission I'm stuck on is The Hangar--can't get better than four stars. It seems like you really can't afford to miss any shots on some of these missions. But I don't know how the scoring really works. Have you guys managed to five-star this one at least? It's a pain for me, as this one is tedious with the communications shutdown at the start, all the tool sections, and the security camera section. 

Side note--anyone else find it dumb that the assault rifle doesn't have a laser sight mod?

Edited by tr_SubLIME
  • Like 1

I've just finished all the levels and got the platinum(finally!). Here's my list of things I followed to get it:

4. Forget about stealth.

If you have a silencer, remove it. Seriously. There are many oppurtunities for guards to call backup and you want as many people coming at you as possible(more people = more headshots). Also if you see a camera, shoot it. It will spot you and alert guards.

Edited by Beyrone
Typo
  • Like 1

Of course, soon after making my post I manage to five-star the mission and get the platinum... @Beyrone Congrats! Number 5 on that list made all the difference for The Hangar. Toward the end, when you're in front of the plane and two enemies come out, there's a path on the left you can take. Didn't know you could go there--I always went through the plane--but there are considerably more enemies. Headshotting enough of them got me five stars. 

Edited by tr_SubLIME

2 hours ago, Beyrone said:

4. Forget about stealth.

Congrats! Thanks for the helpful tips. I'll definitely attempt it again later and hopefully get that dang trophy.

22 hours ago, tr_SubLIME said:

Of course, soon after making my post I manage to five-star the mission and get the platinum... @Beyrone Congrats! Number 5 on that list made all the difference for The Hangar. Toward the end, when you're in front of the plane and two enemies come out, there's a path on the left you can take. Didn't know you could go there--I always went through the plane--but there are considerably more enemies. Headshotting enough of them got me five stars. 

21 hours ago, Beyrone said:

Congrats @tr_SubLIME. I didn't know you could go left there either. I went through the plane every time(took me about 4 tries). Guess I just got lucky on the 4th try haha.

Can someone tell me what their stats were at the end? I'm getting 55 kills with 52 being headshots and still am only getting 4 stars. I have 60% accuracy as well. Idk where I can get more kills besides going left at the end. Tips?

Edit: just found 2 more people to kill somehow. Ended with 57 kills 55 headshots. Finally got this level done!

Edited by WatertownsFinest
  • Like 1