How to get 2 Humanoid Companions.

Deathon6

There is a glitch with Boone that allows you to get an extra companion. Follow the steps below to see how it's done. 

Note: Before you start this glitch you will need the following. 

• Boone
  • Neutral Fame with the Legion. (If you have bad reputation and have already obtained the Mark of Caesar then this glitch will be impossible. If you have bad reputation and haven't obtained the Mark of Caesar yet then you will have to wait until you obtain it before you can start this glitch. If you are already idolized then this glitch will be impossible.)
  • Explosives Skill of 50. 
  • While not required to do this glitch you should get any quest and companion quest that requires Boone done before starting this glitch as you will lose Boone as a potential companion permanently. 

Follow the steps below to do this glitch. 

1. Recruit Boone as a companion. 
  2. Fast travel to Cottonwood Cove.
  3. Boone will talk to you once you arrive. Choose option 2 (Don't worry, I'm not going in there right now.)

4. Have Boone Wait. 

5. Head into Cottonwood Cove and talk to Decanus Severus. (He is located in front of the big tent to the left of the white building with the red flag during the day.)

6. Choose option 1 (I can show you how to disarm the NCR's Mines.) (If not an option skip to step 8.)

7. Choose option 1 ([Explosives 50] The trick is to rush the mines and press the blinking red light.)

8. Choose option 1 (I have some questions.)

9. Choose option 3 (Do you see much action against the NCR?)

10. Choose option 3 (That is all for now.)

11. Repeat Step 6. 

12. Repeat Step 7.

13. Choose option 2 (Goodbye.)

14. Head back to Boone and Talk to him. (If you are also looking to get all 5 legion drop boxes it is highly recommended that you walk to him instead of fast traveling as fast traveling can glitch out the Disguised Frumentarius.)

15. Choose option 1 (I'm infiltrating the organization. I have to gain their trust.)

16. Choose option 1 (Very well. You have my word.)

17. Talk to Boone and dismiss him as your companion.

18. Have him go back to Novac. (A message saying Boone has returned to Novac and that you have lost his spotter perk will appear.)

19. Head back to Decanus Serverus and talk to him. 

20. Repeat Step 8.

21. Repeat Step 9.

22. Repeat Step 10.

23. Repeat Step 6.

24. Repeat Step 7.

25. Repeat Steps 8, 9, 10, 6 and 7 (until you are Idolized.) (Counted 43 times)

26. Go and recruit any companion except for Boone. (If you are still looking to get the legion drop boxes it is highly recommended that you avoid any fast traveling and any place with NCR troops until the Disguised Frumentarius talks to you. For me he appeared along and east of highway 95 between Coyote Mines and Clark Field but may spawn in anywhere.) 

27. Head back to Novac and talk to Boone. (You will get a message saying that you have lost his Spotter Perk.) He will tell you that he is done working with you. 

28. Go and recruit your second humanoid companion. 

Never dismiss both humanoid companions or you will lose your extra slot and will only be able to have one again. If you want to swap you need to do it one at a time. 

There is also a similar glitch involving Veronica that allows you to get all humanoid companions at once but it is not recommend on the ps3 as it may cause your game to lag. You can read about that glitch here

This glitch is mainly for those who are not able to do the glitch with Veronica for whatever reason. So if you missed your chance with Veronica's not as much as her glitch it's still better than just one. 

• Like 1