Treasure Hunter in worlds converted to Bedrock

lostsorrowdays

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the treasure hunter trophy / mechanics if attempted in worlds that were converted from an old established world into Bedrock. The problem I am having is that I keep getting maps that supposedly point to an ocean monument but the map shows the monument to be located on land. These are definitely ocean monument labelled maps and not ones for woodland mansions. When I got to the location indicated by the map there is no monument at the reported location but there is an ocean moment about 500 blocks away off a nearby coast but upon entering the monument with map in main hand / off hand or both hands (I have multiples of the same location)… noting pops. I even build a conduit on top of the monument so I could go through every room and still nothing.

I also tried getting a map to a woodland mansion or to a different monument from 5 different levelled up cartographers but they all just gave me the same identical map even through I have discovered several ocean monuments in the past from normal exploration so I know they are at least spawned in my world. I am starting to suspect some kind of disconnect between co-ordinates when the world was originally generated in the old retail PS4 version and co-ordinates in the new bedrock update but it's just a guess. it's a shame as this is now the only trophy I need for the 100%.

Anyone had the same / similar problems?

Earl.

It's not a solution but I found an explanation for why this is not working elsewhere on the net. To quote...

'It is possible for a cartographer to give a monument or woodland mansion explorer map for areas where the structures would have spawned in the world, but were unable to as a result of terrain generation. As a result, explorer maps, unfortunately, don't always guarantee that a structure exists at the purported location. This is most common with woodland mansion explorer maps, due to its generation algorithm.'

I finally solved my problem by going to another village some distance from where I got my 5 identical maps from and finally got a map to a woodland mansion at a different location and the trophy finally popped so 100% at last. Did take over an hour to travel to the mansion but glad it's done now.

Earl.