Stuck after Calvin's story

ladynadiad

So I know I'm supposed to go on to Barbara's story by going through a passage into her bedroom.  I accidentally turned left and ended up in the main house again.  I can't go back into the passage, and I can't get back to it by going into the one that led to Molly's room initially.  I'm just not getting any options to do this because the doors/items don't let me interact with them any longer.

I also can't seem to skip this story, because I can't proceed to the next one since the next one requires turning the music box handle until the key comes out, but Edith keeps stopping turning it once it starts playing.  Is there any way to proceed from here or am I stuck starting over?  If I have to start over I'm going to be really peeved because this is incredibly poor game design to allow a player to get stuck like this.  A missable trophy is one thing, but being unable to move further in the story due to an error like that is something that I was glad was long gone from games.

Edit: Ended up being able to go back by closing the game and opening it again.  Still think it's rather poor game design to not allow a way back in or not give a warning about leaving without going into Barbara's room since that can get you completely stuck.

Edited by ladynadiad