Easy Method for Character Story Clear

Judgelighters

I know this is an old game but I found an easier way to clear all the characters' story. 

First unlock Koryu via highlighting Kaede(top left) in the "player select" then press square(10x) , circle (5x), and square again (5x) then press X. Pick the "power" Koryu.

From the first stage up to the second to the last stage, you can defeat enemies easily by spamming the "right dpad + circle" move (dpad depends on where Koryu is facing). Damage is about almost half the lifebar. 

Then lose intentionally on the final boss stage. Select NO on the retry screen then pick the character that you havent cleared the story yet. Beat the boss using that character then the trophy will pop up.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I’m playing this right now on vita... that specific button entry didn’t work. But there is a menu within the character select screen that tells you the inputs needed for each secret character. 

Koryu:

10x kick

5x strong slash

4x kick

In my case, that was 10x SQUARE 5x CROSS 4x SQUARE

I suppose it is possible I altered the button configuration by accident, but I don’t remember doing so. 

EDIT: Yup, apparently I changed the settings by accident.

But the correct sequence is: 10x SQUARE, 5x CIRCLE, 4x SQUARE, 1x CROSS

Edited by slammajamma28

• 4 months later...

Excellent advice, worked a treat for my clear. I'd recommend saving the two time trial trophies until after you've done all the character trophies. By that point, you should be proficient enough with Koryu that none of the characters you face in time trial should offer any challenge at all.