Any good?

MMDE

This is a Kemco RPG. Basically, it plays and looks a lot like Final Fantasy games before PS1, though no ATB, but more like Final Fantasy X (time based, but waits for each turn). It's not RPG maker, but instead Unity, however, it might as well be RPG maker. Will remind you about SNES JRPG.

The story? I actually like how some of it was told. Is it a very interesting story? Eh, it's definitely not bad, but you won't be mind blown or anything. Lots of tropes, and it's very obvious quite a lot of things are done to be funny, but it's often not that in your face about it, sort of. It's a story about "trust", I guess. o.o

Where the game really shines is the battle system. 4 quite different characters, and one even levels up differently than the rest. It's also rather easy, and not that time consuming to permanently improve stats. You wear a weapon (different for each), which can have 4 different effects, which you can change and improve etc, through a system I actually quite liked once I got into it. Some armor, which there is very little interesting about, other than some cool effects some few of them have. And you can wear 3 "gems" per character, which really mixes up how your party works. You plant beans that takes 10 minutes of in-game time to sprout, which then grants fruits which perm increase your stats (on top of the normal leveling). From very early on, I focused on just giving it all to one person, and wanting to max speed, attack and vitality. Speed is rather important.

Game also has in-game DLCs for boosting stuff, which I find rather untasteful, and never used. They want like 5USD for EXP boost, but it's not needed at all. You also gain special currency that can be used on "lottery" to get weapons or gems. My favorite item in the game was a gem that allowed me to hit all enemies with normal attack. The chance to get this item was 0.89% per try, and I actually got it out of 11 tries. :D I also got the other gem I wanted, which made me do 6 times normal damage.

I found navigating the world map after unlocking the entire thing to be a chore due to how it was designed.

There was a lot of side-stuff to do, which I quite enjoyed most of.

The game is not overly long. I think I've seen a guide that says 10 hours, but then you likely skip all dialogue, and even then probably 15 hours I'd say. If you read stuff, and do most on your own, take your time, more like 20-30 hours somewhere. There's lot of options and items etc in the game to reduce wasted time.

You can play the game on any difficulty you want, and change between them as you want. "Hell" difficulty gave a lot more EXP though, but easy made it much easier. And the most difficult thing in the game will be like a super boss you can prepare all you want for and wait until the very end with. Not that difficult if you work on what kills you in that fight. The rest is very easy.

There's no missable trophies AFAIK. No different ending trophies either, though there are definitely different endings. And there's lots of choices and items to affect it.

I enjoyed this game far more than I thought I would, and so I recommend this game to anyone who wants to just relax with some SNES-ish JRPG.

Playlist of me playing through the entire game if you need any help beating some boss, solve some quest, or just want to check out what the game is like.

• Like 3