Best Materia setup for Hard mode ?

6 hours ago, SwicySauce said:

I did Hard mode with a hodgepodge of random Materia, lol. It's not really that hard tbh and every boss is different anyway so your setup will be determine by that. For the very last VR battle I did have steadfast block on everyone because one of the tricks you'll learn with this game on hard is to exploit the enemy AI. They will practically always go for the character you're using so you can use that to your advantage a lot. Also, the trick to Bahamut is to make sure your ATB is maxed out as he's about to Megaflare, so go easy on dps after he gets to "one"

He'll still kill your whole team lol doesn't matter how much ATB you have. You can survive with reprieve if no one died up until that point but thats obivous.

Edited by yusuf_jones8938

1 hour ago, yusuf_jones8938 said:

He'll still kill your whole team lol doesn't matter how much ATB you have. You can survive with reprieve if no one died up until that point but thats obivous.

I never said don't cast manawell, that's just obvious. All i'm saying is that the trick is to make sure you have full ATB before he casts it. Cast Manawell on everyone, then conserve ATB until he does Megaflare. Don't waste it DPS'ing. Then you can heal up quickly like nothing happened lol

Edited by SwicySauce