“The Last Dance” Discussion

i-kicked-a-brit

After 3 weeks and 6 episodes since its release, I’m surprised to see that there was no topic created for ESPN’s “The Last Dance.” For those out of the loop, it’s an exclusive look at the NBA’s Chicago Bulls and its teams of the 90s. Footage includes interviews and backstories of players, coaches, staff, etc involved with the organization from the moment Michael Jordan was drafted back in 1984. It looks at some cool stuff leading up to the 97-98 season, in which the titular phrase became the theme and motif. Two episodes are aired every Sunday, 9 PM Eastern time on ESPN.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the documentary so far? We’re 6 episodes in, and man I’ve learned so much about the 90s Bulls that I’ve never known. I moved to Chicago from Poland in July 2002, and we have heard the name of Michael Jordan but in my time we weren’t all that big on basketball. I’ve watched many of his highlight tapes, full games on DVD, read up on him and his team, but some of the stuff in the documentary is totally new stuff for me. It opened up a lot about the feud MJ and Scottie Pippen - Jordan’s righthand man - had with the General Manager Jerry Krause. It’s crazy to think how different the NBA is now compared to just 30 years ago. Both in terms of raw talent and athleticism, but mainly the social media aspect of it.