L9a6b94.png

SACKBOY: A BIG ADVENTURE

:platinum: PLATINUM #255

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 8.70% VERY RARE

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 0.6% ULTRA RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 4.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 8/10

Time Spent - 32 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: String It Together (Gold rank on Knitted Knight's Ultimate Trial)

Took a few weeks to secure my next PS5 platinum but here is #9, and my 255th overall. I spent 32 hours playing this game (probably 5 of them were just going for the hardest trophy mentioned above.) As with any Little Big Planet type game, these platformers are very fun and usually relaxing. String It Together took me quite awhile but as they say practice makes perfect. Shout out to the player who joined my session as I was about 20 seconds from the finish line, which also secured him the trophy (you are welcome).

You can use a guide to find out how to get certain trophies quicker based off of map locations along with things you need to do to your character. Trying to play the 2-player levels by yourself can be very tedious and difficult (using 2 controllers with 1 person is hard). I would rate the game at a 5/10 without a guide and 4/10 with a guide. There is also one trophy that you have to grind towards (getting 300 costume pieces, I had about 270 when I was down to just this trophy). 

I'm going to turn my attention to Maneater, the free PS Plus game of January next. After that, I am not quite sure where the road will take me. I've been looking at attempting Overcooked solo, or possible doing Infliction. Nevertheless, I will also be grinding out some more Vita games along the way. Recently cracked the Top 1000 for US gamers in Vita games. I hold steady at around 50th for PS5 games, and am trying my best to crack the Top 1000 overall in the US (About 1300 as of this writing).

Le71c77.png

MANEATER

:platinum: PLATINUM #259

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 39.96% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 6.2% VERY RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 3.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 6/10

Time Spent - 12 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Queen of the Ocean (100% Completion)

I have now secured my 10th PS5 platinum with the completion of Maneater! I spent 12 hours playing the game which fits perfectly in the projected 10-15 hour timeframe. The game became slightly repetitive after awhile but nevertheless was entertaining enough to give a fairly enjoyable experience. I also cannot complain since the game was free. I'm not sure I would pay for a Maneater 2 game but it would at least draw my interest. For those of you that started the game and hated it, keep going. I did, and I am glad I did.

You can use a guide to help find the locations of collectibles but the in-game powerups essentially allow you to find everything pretty easily. If you 100% the game, you will have gotten the platinum trophy. As I mentioned above, keep playing the game if you find that you don't like it shortly after starting. I would have rated the enjoyment factor a 4/10 when first starting but in the end it was more like a 6/10. The difficulty of this game is a 3.5/10, but it may seem like a 5-5.5 when starting out. The game gets easier as you go because you get stronger.

Now that I have achieved a platinum on every PS5 game I own, I will look for which one to get next. I have been leaning towards getting Spirit of the North and giving that a shot! Any suggestions on some PS5 games I should look into are welcome! I know there are not many out yet though.

• Like 1

L064f75.png

SPIRIT OF THE NORTH: ENHANCED EDITION

:platinum: PLATINUM #260

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 44.44% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 6.3% VERY RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 3/10

Enjoyment Rating - 5/10

Time Spent - 5 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: None Forgotten (Awaken all 28 Shaman spirits)

A nice adventure game nets me my 11th PS5 platinum trophy, boosting me into the Top 20 in the United States for PS5 gamers. The game was completed in just over 5 hours with the help of a full video walkthrough on YouTube played at 0.75 speed. I'm not really sure how much fun I would have had just playing the game straight up without a guide, but the graphics looked good and the mechanics worked very well. For those of you looking for a good easy PS5 platinum for a decent price, look no further.

Without a guide the difficulty and duration to complete this game would be much higher. Things are hidden very good in this game and if you do not have a guide, you might spend quite awhile looking around. Nothing is missable. With a guide this game is a 3/10 and without I would rate it closer to a 6. As far as how much I enjoyed the game, you can never really know for sure when you just follow a video walkthrough. However, I gave it a 5/10. It's the neutral rating I typically give games that I don't fully focus on.

I'm going to turn my attention to Infliction next. After that, I might try Overcooked, although 49.99 is a little steep for that one right now. I have a backlog of Vita games to get through also. This was platinum #260, and it was my 9th platinum of 2021. 3 of them were on PS5. My goal of getting to 300 this year is well on pace, as at my current pace I would sit well above 350 at the end of the year. As always, I am open to suggestions on any console!

L246e15.png

INFLICTION

:platinum: PLATINUM #261

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 64.04% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 7.3% VERY RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 2.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 4.5/10

Time Spent - 2 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: I Remember (Find every memory)

Well here I am just a few hours after my last post to report yet another PS5 platinum (Now my 12th, moving me to 13th overall in the USA for PS5). I decided to give this one a go since it was fairly short and sweet. Horror games are not up my alley (this is one of my first ones). The game only took 2 hours to finish courtesy of a walkthrough video guide. Even without a guide, I do not think my enjoyment level would have changed much. I also think the game would have obviously been more difficult without a guide.

I gave this game a 4.5 on the rating scale. I enjoy games that are casual and somewhat easy, but I admit that the genre is not something I seek out. The difficulty is 2.5 when using a guide, there are still some things you need to watch out for as some aspects of the playthrough are random and not identical every single time. 

I've now run out of ideas on what to play for the PS5 unless I choose to get Overcooked. I am open to any suggestions at this time if anybody has any. I will keep my eyes out for some new games but might return to some of my PS4 games in the meantime. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ld4d82c.png

OVERCOOKED! ALL YOU CAN EAT

:platinum: PLATINUM #265

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 20.73% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 1.2% ULTRA RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 7.5/10

Time Spent - 15.5 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Hero of Thyme (Finish Overcooked! 1)

Another PS5 platinum this week as I have finished Overcooked! All You Can Eat after about 15.5 hours of gameplay time. The game was very fun (I played solo) but is likely to be enjoyed better if you have a partner to help you on your platinum quest. You need 2 controllers to get this platinum, but you can use a PS4 controller via remote play also. No walkthrough or guide needed for this game as all of the trophies are self explanatory and straight forward. 

I marked 'Hero of Thyme' the hardest trophy because finishing the last level of Overcooked! 1 is much much harder than Overcooked! 2. In fact, I ended up finishing it with literally one second on the clock after spending 2-3 of my 15 hours on just this level alone. You will have much better luck playing this with a partner. The rest of the trophies can easily be obtained solo with no trouble. The difficulty is a 3.5 solo and maybe a 3 if you have a partner. Most of the trophies require you to wait a few minutes for levels to finish before they pop. The enjoyment level for me was a 7.5 out of 10, I love games like this. I had to categorize it as Strategy/Puzzle because I wasn't sure where else to put it and this is definitely not a cupcake.

I'm now working on The Pedestrian, even though it does not have a platinum, it is a fun puzzler game that I would enjoy. After this, I am really out of PS5 ideas for at least a month. I am exploring the idea of buying Monster Energy Supercross 4 when it comes out. No guarantees yet though! I've jumped a few spots up to #11 in the USA for PS5 trophies as of this writing, although I expect it to gradually get back to 13-14 within the next few days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

L9b7765.png

SHAKEDOWN: HAWAII

:platinum: PLATINUM #279

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 39.57% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 12.3% VERY RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 9/10

Time Spent - 11.5 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Golden Age (Get a Gold Medal in Every Challenge)

I was reluctant to get this game mostly because I am not really a fan of shooters but I was persuaded to give it a shot, and by golly am I glad that I did. This was my favorite shooter game I have ever played and comes across as an old school yet much simpler version of GTA. There were 11.5 hours of gameplay, so a fairly short and simple game. The difficulty was around a 3.5, as you get adjusted to the game its much easier and the checkpoints/health bars are very friendly. I did have to use a guide for some things, especially finding all 30 phone chargers.

Getting Gold in every challenge was somewhat of a challenge in that there is some luck involved in getting humans to spawn in the right places. If you don't want to use a guide, I would expect the duration to go up a few hours and also the difficulty to be bumped up a bit. An overall very fun game that I recommend to those of you looking for new PS5 games like I was.

I am thinking of getting Control for PS5 next, since there is a new walkthrough on the site that looks really interesting. Not sure how much I want to spend on a game right now though. There are some new PS5 games on the way in the coming weeks, so I will be keeping my eyes open for some new ones. This was my 15th PS5 platinum. That's about 5th most in the United States as of this writing. My rank remains in the 9-12 range. 

• Like 1

Lbe8770.png

CONTROL

:platinum: PLATINUM #280

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 25.33% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 2.6% ULTRA RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 8/10

Time Spent - 20 Hours (100% with DLC, not just Platinum)

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Master Parautilitarian (Spend 100 Ability Points)

Similar to the platinum I got before this one, I was reluctant to dive into another shooter game. I only ever got 2 shooter platinum trophies ever before the PS5 came out, and I have now already matched that value on the PS5 just a few months after release. I cannot stress enough how much this walkthrough was important to my getting the 100% for the game. I followed this guide entirely from the very start, with assist mode on, and it was a fun breeze. With that being said, the difficulty was a 3.5 for me and I had a lot of fun never having to worry about dying or losing progress. 

If you wanted to give this a go without a walkthrough and without assist mode on, I would likely raise the difficulty to 4.5-5. It's impossible to die with assist mode on and there is no need to strategize regarding which weapons to use at which points. Plus, the game is free in February with PS Plus! I gave the enjoyment level an 8/10 because I enjoy games with a pretty good story. I marked the hardest trophy as having to spend 100 ability points just because after you finish the main story you will need to gather a significant amount of points still. The DLC and linked walkthrough above help with all of that.

I did experience my first trophy glitch on the PS5 with this game. On the Foundations DLC, I did not unlock the trophy for finding all 10 hidden locations when I should have. I did some research and noticed some others had the same issue with collectibles (different than hidden locations). To fix this, I took the gamble of restarting the DLC from scratch (by starting End Game mission and backing up my save to the cloud). Once in the DLC again, I made my way to the first hidden location. The trophy popped for me immediately after this. I plan on doing another PS5 game next, Active Neurons 3. Not much to post about there, as I may follow a walkthrough for that.

This marks 16 PS5 platinum's and puts me at #7 in the United States just ahead of the infamous Hakoom. Let's see where this thing goes!

• 2 weeks later...

71gZ8OJmj4L._AC_SX466_.jpg

100 CUPCAKES!!!!

I'm celebrating a personal milestone tonight as I have achieved my 100th cupcake trophy. For those of you that don't know, I consider a cupcake game to be one that is completed in under 2 hours and requires no guide because its so simple/easy. So some other games that might only take 30 mins but obviously would require a guide (Like the Active Neurons games) would fit into their respective genre category with the exception of the visual novel games. Check out the fill list in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

brea

In honor of this feat, which admittedly isn't that huge and would only take a few weeks with enough money & time, I have decided to log some stats and opinions about the cupcake games that I have plated. Firstly, the most common cupcake game that I have completed is 'Loot Hero DX', with a 97.2% platinum rate. Next up, the least common cupcake game, which is 'Classic Snake Adventures' with only 25.7% of PSN players getting the platinum.

The most common type of game on the cupcake list are the 'Break' games, with 5 of them on the list. As far as difficulty, I would say the most time consuming cupcake was Color Slayer because you had to play over and over again until you got a certain amount of points (probably more than 2 hours tbh). The easiest was obviously My Name is Mayo or Blind Men because they require little to no skill at all.

Trying to determine which one was my favorite is difficult since they are all similar. It is definitely NOT any of the shooter arcade style games. I also would eliminate the visual novel games. I'll give the nod to the three games in the 'Midnight' series, since they are unique fun little games. 

Lastly, for those of you looking at the financials, it appears that about $600 total was spent on these games over the course of the last 2 years. There are a few PS5 games on the list, but only Twin Robots that I haven't also gotten on PS4. 

L6d6265.png

THE PATHLESS

:platinum: PLATINUM #289

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 41.23% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 10.7% VERY RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 4/10

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

Time Spent - 15.5 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: A New Path Awaits (Get the extended ending [Essentially 100% Completion])

The Pathless was recommended to me from a friend as the perfect mix of a puzzle and open world game. I had fun playing this one and only had to use a trophy guide a few times. Trying to find the particular lore needed for a trophy, finding a way to get 6 animals to run with me, and of course finding the high point of the game. Otherwise, a very fun and straight forward game. As far as the gameplay itself, it's not a difficult game. I didn't die once (not sure you can die?) and the puzzles themselves are fairly simple to solve.

If playing without a guide at all, the difficulty would barely increase if at all. I gave my personal enjoyment rating of this game a 7 out of 10. Like most games, I was a little confused on what I was doing at the beginning. After exploring and playing a bit more the objective became clear. The hardest trophy is for essentially completing the game to 100%. There are a few things you can skip in the game but most of the stuff is required to reach this special ending. One could argue there are some other difficult trophies as well, but nothing too hard. Word of advice, if you find yourself dead in a storm, quit and reload the game before you lose a flap.

This is my 21st PS5 platinum. As far as I know, I was the 4th person in the USA to reach 20 PS5 platinum's, and my current rank sits at 5-6 in the country. Keep in mind that I only play games once also, so there are others that will play the same game 2-3 times across different regions. The only time I ever play the same game twice is if its on PS5 & PS4. I am waiting for a patch on Ping Redux, which should instantly get me the platinum on that one, bringing me up to 22. I will now turn my attention to Maquette, the free game of the month, and then Sir Lovelot, another interesting looking game.

Lc14ca4.png

MAQUETTE

:platinum: PLATINUM #290

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 20.78% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 2.1% ULTRA RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 5.5/10

Time Spent - 3.3 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :silver: Triumphant Days (Complete 'The Gateways' Level in under 4:35)

Maquette was the free PS Plus game for PS5 owners in March so naturally I try to get the platinum for these games if its an interesting genre and not too difficult. Maquette fit that description so I decided to give it a go. I did follow a walkthrough for most of the game as the puzzles require pinpoint accuracy in order to achieve all speed run trophies. There was one in particular that I was having trouble with (as indicated above). Even after knowing exactly what to do, it still took me 4:31 to finish, leaving essentially no room for error. 

If following a guide, I would give the difficulty a 3.5. If not following a guide, I would bump it up to a 5. Since you can memorize the levels and do speed runs afterwards, it still would not be difficult, just require more time. I spent 3.5 hours playing following a guide the whole time, so I would possibly double that if not following a guide. There are also some miscellaneous trophies that might be hard to get without knowing where to go. 

I'm going to start Sir Lovelot next while I wait for a patch to come out for Ping Redux. I will also be getting Monster Energy Supercross 4 this week which will be my next big game. After that, I am not sure what the plan will be. Hopefully more games make their way to the market. This was platinum #22 on the PS5 which well positioned me into the Top 5 in the USA. I am 3rd in regards to unique games (not utilizing different regions of the same game.)

Edited by johnclark12

Lfbd6c1.png

SIR LOVELOT

:platinum: PLATINUM #294

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 73.53% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 36.3% RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

Time Spent - 4 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: A Unicorn (Finish the game [42 Levels])

Sir Lovelot was an enjoyable platformer/adventure game that I would recommend to anyone due to its low difficulty and relatively short campaign. Essentially you just need to finish all 42 levels while ensuring that you collect as many collectibles as you can and find secret spots. You really don't need a guide to complete the game although there is 1 very well hidden spot in Level 9 that you need to find. If you do not have enough collectibles at the end of the game a guide may come in handy there also.

I would give the difficulty a 3/10 because you can really never die or lose your progress. Once you kill an enemy or unlock a door, it remains that way the entire level even if you die countless times. There are also checkpoints every 20-30 seconds of gameplay which saves your progress. As far as how much I enjoyed the game, I thought it was fairly fun and the 4 hours of enjoyable gameplay was worth $9.99. The hardest trophy is naturally completing the game as everything else should come naturally along the way.

I was originally going to get Monster Energy Supercross 4 next, but I am seeing many negative reviews about the game and am not sure I want to spend $60 on it. Might wait for it to go on discount. Early opinions are also that the game might not be as easy as once intended. I am back to leaning towards Dirt 4 next, but I have also been told to stay away from that until the bugs get fixed. Regardless. I will also wait for a Ping Redux patch any second now to quickly finish that one up which will bring me to 25 PS5 platinum trophies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Le9f332.png

DIRT 5

:platinum: PLATINUM #322

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 28.54% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 2.8% ULTRA RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 4/10

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

Time Spent - 23 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :silver: Some Spare Change For Gas? (Drive 1000 Miles [GRIND])

It has been awhile since I last reported on the thread mainly because a majority of the games I have been playing weren't really worthy of a post. I now have 36 platinum trophies on PS5 and 322 overall, maintaining my top 10 status for USA PS5 players while also staying as one of the best that does not stack games regionally. I haven't completed a racing game in awhile so I turned my attention to Dirt 5 over Monster Energy Supercross 4 and I had a pretty fun time playing this game.

The use of a guide is largely unnecessary in this game as completing the career 100% will almost unlock every other trophy with it. I'll admit the game got very repetitive after a few hours of playing, especially for those that play on the easier difficulties and dominate every race by 30+ seconds. I would rate the game a 4/10 difficulty wise as you can complete everything on the easiest setting. Keep in mind that you will need to spend $25 USD on DLC's if you want to get the 100% rather than just the platinum. I gave the enjoyment rating a 7/10, might be higher if there wasn't repetitive racing.

There are definitely buggy trophies in the game but some basic research told me what to do so they would properly unlock. I would recommend this game when it goes on sale again, or potentially becomes a free PS Plus game down the line. Next, I will turn my attention to Escape From Life Inc. along with some other smaller games. I will be hitting 40 PS5 platinum trophies in no time! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

L4b074f.png

ESCAPE FROM LIFE INC

:platinum: PLATINUM #335

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 35.29% UNCOMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 10.0% VERY RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

Time Spent - 6 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Gotta Catch 'Em All (Rescue every animal in the game)

Escape From Life Inc. is a short puzzle platformer that is relatively unpopular among PS5 players, but with its $9.99 price tag and friendly trophy list, I decided to give it a try. The game does not really require a guide but you must collect all animals and fruits before finishing the game as they are missable and would require restarting from scratch. The game itself is not difficult at all, I would give it a 3/10 difficulty rating.

I did enjoy the game and had fun playing it. I give it a 7/10 for enjoyment and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small game that is inexpensive. The fish can swim, the eagle can fly, and the deer can break items. The game requires you to strategize them together to get yourself out of rooms and rescue animals. There is no guide for this game but there is a 100% walkthrough on YouTube that you can use when you get stuck.

I'm not sure what PS5 game is next up for me, I am going to see what is on the release schedule and work on some Vita games in the meantime! 

• 1 month later...

L14c5f3.png

SKYLAND: HEART OF THE MOUNTAIN

:platinum: PLATINUM #362

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 81.82% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 37.3% RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 2/10

Enjoyment Rating - 7/10

Time Spent - 2 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Master Aviator (Find all collectibles)

This game is a puzzler/hidden object game that can be completed in just over 2 hours with a guide or about 4-6 if not using a guide. I decided to use a walkthrough and do the hidden object parts of the game by myself. A nice mix of using a guide and not using a guide. The game is $14.99 and you get the PS4 & PS5 version of the game. The game is a 2/10 difficulty without a guide and a 3.5/10 if not using a guide. 

I had fun playing this game and would rate the enjoyment level a 7/10. Some of you will likely get more enjoyment out of this game especially if doing it without the use of a guide. There are some things you need to know about the game as far as what you can/can't do to unlock certain trophies that may be more helpful if using a guide so that you do not have to replay the game again.

This is my 52nd PS5 platinum and 362nd overall. Continuing to maintain a Top 20 PS5 ranking in the USA but starting to fall back (I do not play identical games across regions like EU). I'm going to continue grinding away at Wreckfest and then possibly play Call of the Sea also. 

• 7 months later...

L909898.png

RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APART

:platinum: PLATINUM #400

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 67.86% COMMON

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 16.4% RARE

Personal Difficulty Rating - 2.5/10

Enjoyment Rating - 8/10

Time Spent - 19 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :gold: Fully Stacked (Purchase all weapons)

Not much has to be explained about this game as mostly everyone has at least heard of it if they have not played it. I had COVID over Christmas and the game was on-sale at retailers so I decided to finally purchase the game and play it to waste some time. I did not have to use a trophy guide for any of the game with the exception of finding the bear collectibles. I would say the difficulty is a 2.5/10 as you can play on the easiest difficulty which literally makes it impossible to die.

I love platformers/adventure games that don't rely solely on the shooting aspect of the game and I think this game has a great balance. I am a sucker for games like Crash, Spyro, etc. so this one fits perfectly. With that being said, I gave it an 8/10. I'm not sure what could have allowed it to get a higher rating honestly. 

I know I have been gone for awhile, but I finally got Platinum #400! I had mostly been grinding out cupcake games for the past few months while taking some time away from the console after getting 141 platinum trophies in 2021. Not sure which game I plan on getting next!

Edited by johnclark12

• 1 month later...

L4467f2.png

HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST

:platinum: PLATINUM #417

Rarity on PSN Profiles at time of platinum - 18.37% RARE

Rarity on PSN at time of platinum - 2.4% ULTRA RARE

Enjoyment Rating - 9/10

Time Spent - 34 Hours

HARDEST TROPHY - :silver: Reached Level 50 (Reached player Level 50)

Wow, what a fantastic game! Of course I knew what to expect having played the first version of this game but this one was even better. An extremely immersive experience with tons of things to do so you never get bored. I used a trophy guide for parts of the game mainly to find locations on the map to complete certain quests or collect certain collectibles. Playing on story difficulty you will find it impossible to die meaning the difficulty is about a 3-3.5/10. It just takes time and patience to complete everything.

I've grown to love these kind of games and had a blast playing this, which is why I gave it a 9 out of 10. I rated the hardest trophy as reaching Level 50 because if you are someone who doesn't really take your time playing the game and instead just grinds out the trophies, this will surely be the last one you need. I was still Level 46 when I only had that trophy left so it took about 2 hours of grinding. Word of advice, complete all rebel outposts as they can give 10-12k of XP per.

Turning my attention next to WWE 2K22. I have not platinumed one of these games in quite some time and I used to platinum every single year consistently. The list does not look too challenging.

• Like 2