I found a good glitch for the 100 alien trophy

Hey guys. Made this profile on here just to share this.

After attempting this trophy for hours by starting on episode 6, I got annoyed that my guns would auto fire when I picked them up and make a ton of noise hitting Rick's shield. So I aimed my hands another direction and the blasts stayed! It took out a few coming from a singular spawn but it wasn't enough. Then I narrowed it down to the shots "stay" while the alien ship is there at the beginning and sometimes when Rick is still in the area.

Here's the tip: from the second you get the guns until Rick leaves never stop shooting, especially toward the "mountains" or trees or whatever they are, as the shots seem to glitch there more often. You'll see small little balls of energy that stay still that will kill enemies that touch them. Like residue left over from your shots. When I finally beat this I had most spawn points covered with energy balls and ended up getting 114 before letting myself die. 

I hope this helps someone and also I hope you can recreate this method.

Last thing, doing this will make the game super choppy. I died a half dozen times because I couldn't hit some that flew up over my head because I just couldn't aim. I thought it was a good tradeoff though. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I honestly can't tell if this method helped much overall, but the bullets definitely stick on certain spots. So I did end up using it in the run i got my 100 kills and platinum trophy, so thanks for the advice!!

The only thing I would add to this is that I only got them to stick while the alien ship was still around, and they stopped sticking after the ship left; Even while Ricks ship was still there the bullets didn't stick. Shoot the trees as mentioned above while the ship is around, and then focus on killing aliens while Rick is still there. As many as you can, the faster you kill them the faster they spawn, and they'll be targeting Rick and not you. Once Rick leaves, the rest is up to you.

Goodluck future go-getters! This does take practice. I went from 70, to 90, then 93, 95, and then trophy! Make sure you do this during the story mode, as its far easier this way.

• Like 1