Monster hunter world: help with large gold crown kushala doara

a10j12

Hey everyone here’s my problem with this stupid dragon, so after 2 years I’m finally nearly finished on getting platinum on monster hunter world. My two last trophies to get are unsurprisingly the mini and large gold crown trophies. I’m nearly finished the only gold crowns left are kushala doara, Teostra, Kirin and Vaal hazak. And been stuck on kushala for about 20 HOURS! Like i must be doing something wrong, the thing I find most difficult isn’t fighting him it’s trying to get his silver, gold investigations, there as rare as that stupid ancient fish. Here’s what I do when I fight him I break all his parts head, wings and tail and collect the tracks he leaves behind I get a handful of investigations but 9/10 times don’t get the silver, gold ones. What’s more annoying is that he’s my least favourite dragon to fight I liked him in the older games but he’s damn annoying in this one with his stupid wind that makes me wanna smash my controller. Any advice on this? Is there a better way to get silver, gold investigations or is simply luck of the draw and that’s just the way it is.

One last thing I want to ask here, is it possible to get base game gold crowns in master rank because I have a lot of silver, gold investigations for kushala on there and spent the last 6 hours going through them but no luck and just want to know if it’s possible on master rank because I don’t want to waste my time if it’s not possible on that rank. Anyways that’s my question I’d appreciate any advice thanks.

Hi

I think that pretty much everybody who trieds to get the platinum for the game has had the same problems, myself included, i got the trophy last Saturday, so hang in there, it is possible.

Regarding the investigations, i had the same problem with the Nergigante, i rarely get any investigations from fighting him, i usually got Lavasioth, Dodogama and even Kushala, the good thing is and i can confirm is that you can get a crown from MR or HR investigations, obviosly the more rare or more rewards the better.

Right now there are events with tempered Kushalas on HR and MR that can help you, i also found that if you go in a expedition to the Elder Recess and just collect tracks you can get investigations.
Try joining the SOS flare too.

Skip investigations with silver and bronze and go only for Gold, temperered or Gold & Silver.

Finally, use this guide for an easy measurement.

Edited by Korben_DallasCR
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Korben_DallasCR said:

Hi

I think that pretty much everybody who trieds to get the platinum for the game has had the same problems, myself included, i got the trophy last Saturday, so hang in there, it is possible.

Regarding the investigations, i had the same problem with the Nergigante, i rarely get any investigations from fighting him, i usually got Lavasioth, Dodogama and even Kushala, the good thing is and i can confirm is that you can get a crown from MR or HR investigations, obviosly the more rare or more rewards the better.

Right now there are events with tempered Kushalas on HR and MR that can help you, i also found that if you go in a expedition to the Elder Recess and just collect tracks you can get investigations.
Try joining the SOS flare too.

Skip investigations with silver and bronze and go only for Gold, temperered or Gold & Silver.

Finally, use this guide for an easy measurement.

Thanks for the tips and also for the vid but I’ve already seen it. I guess I’ll just keep on going till that large crown Pops up. It’s probably gonna take awhile. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Korben_DallasCR said:

Any luck?

Yep got it and also got platinum awhile ago I’m currently trying to get all gold crowns in iceborne and I’m also getting close to finishing it. Currently trying to get the golden rathian crown. In the end kushala Daora took 230 kills.