Can't chant in Boiler Room

I know I'm coming to this game late but I'm having an issue trying to get through boiler room because of what seems to be a glitch.

I've got to the part where I need to kill the big bro sligs and killed a sleeping slig with the barrels for the 'You Snooze, You Lose' but now I can't chant to possess one of the other 2 and the explosive barrels have stopped spawning in both the room with the big bros and at the start. I tried reloading saves from before I killed the first big bro and from the start of the level but it still won't let me chant anywhere in the level it just shocks me so I can't reach the gate to release the scrubs and I won't be able to possess the Glukkon. I'm going to try reloading a save from the previous level but has anyone else encountered this? I've only seen one other person mention this issue on another website's forum.

• 11 months later...

Super late to this game as well (and thread), but thought I'd chime in that I also experienced this glitch. Thankfully just reloading the autosave from the start of the level and replaying it fixed it, but still annoying nonetheless essentially having to play through the level twice. Couldn't find anything about this aside from your post.

I've always been on the fence about Munch's Oddysee, and it's a shame it seems like I had reason to be after I've finally started playing this. I enjoyed the PS1 Oddworld games and this one feels like it's missing everything that made them so special. No cool scenery (everything looks very drab and lifeless), no real secrets, no interesting puzzles, and no real incentive or enjoyment out of trying to 100% each level.

The controls are bad, the camera is bad, the (lack of) humour is bad, Munch feels like a sidekick in his own game and I've honestly debated dropping this so many times now because it just often isn't fun. Hope Stranger's Wrath and the remakes of the first 2 games are more enjoyable than this when I eventually get around to them (though I'm sure they probably will be).

Anyhow, sorry for the little needless rant, I just hate how disappointing this game has been so far.

• 1 month later...