A small remark and tips.

The-Smiths-85

Every single walkthrough/road map claims that you have to repeat every level twice, because you can't get three tasks (stars) at once. It's not true. The game doesn't show you the timer or required score on the left side of the screen while you play levels for the first time but you can get everything on a single go.

I've figured out that there are some methods making the game easier to beat. Sometimes it's better to lose a life or two to beat the given time. Getting hit doesn't speed up the timer or take any portion of it, but it clears the board of the enemies. So, occasionally it's much better than endlessly trying to outrun the snake and/or the Hermit. The only disadvantage is that you're gonna start at the top of the board so your pattern can get disrupted.

Second tip is about the green guys which change your pattern - it's probably a no-brainer but it's always good to color the hexagons which are above and on their spawning points first, as these will never be changed by them. Try to focus on these and leave the other hexagons last.

I will put some more tips if I happen to come up with some. Right now I'm at the 25th level and didn't have too much trouble with the difficulty of the game. I know it will change though as levels 35-40 are considered obnoxious and tough by many.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Added information.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed the Rebooted version with maximum amount of stars. Most of the help and strategies you can get with the hardest levels (39th and 40th) can be obviously found on YouTube. From my side I can say that I always started marking the left side of levels. Maybe used a disc just once on second stage of 39th level to get away from the snake, but it's always better to just drop out of the board to quickly clear it out of the enemies.

My strat for the 1st/39th was to quickly mark the left side watching out for the red ball as its trajectory is random. Then I went to the right side ASAP, trying to mark as much as I could on the way and avoiding hazards (but always try to get green guys/slicks along the way). Try to mark most of the right side of the board without losing a life. When you see that it's getting too crowded, just drop out of the board to clear it off the enemies. You'll get back to the center of the board. Quickly mark one side completely and jump out of the board again before slicks will destroy your pattern. Then you just complete the other side.

You obviously need some luck and a couple tries to beat it, cause sometimes enemies will just move in a way that it's impossible to avoid them. Do not lose more than 2 lives on the 1st board. You will need them on the second one.

2nd/39th has a similar strategy to the first one. Left side is easier and you should mark it completely on your first go. There aren't any slicks to destroy your pattern there. Then head over to the right one, again trying to avoid red balls as much as you can and jumping on slicks too. When you'll get to the right side the boxing glove will already spawn there. My strategy was to wait until it's on the upper side of this area - you must wait for the right moment while avoiding red balls too. When the timing is right quickly head under the glove (on the lower path) and try to mark as much as you can of this side of the board. Then jump out of the board to clear it. Head over to this side again. Avoid the balls and jump every third hexagon to the center to get the slicks which spawn there frequently. With some luck and skill you'll beat this without too many problems. You should lose just one life on this stage as you'll need two lives left for the last one.

3rd stage is pretty straightforward - quickly mark left side with just jumping once on every hexagon (the rule changes and you don't want to lose time or distort your pattern). When you'll get back to the center there will be a snake and other enemies. Just use your fourth life to jump out of the board to clear it. Then complete the right side without any problems.

I'm aware that this strategy isn't anything new but there aren't too many options in this game other than jumping and losing lives so...40th level is easily found on the web and it's not as hard as this one. You're basically doing the same stuff - marking upper left and then heading over to the upper right while avoiding enemies. You can wait for the balls to pass in a safe spot which is the center/up. Then you mark the downward path. Again, when it's getting too crowded you just jump out of the board thus clearing it. You then quickly try to fully mark the board.

Good luck!

PS Haven't tried the classic version yet but MidnightWards strategy is the one to follow.

• Like 1