Yokai Watch Event Aug 19th 2020 (1000 fate grind)

I pointed this out recently in the grind 1000 fates thread but I wanted to create a separate thread in case people missed it. The Yokai Watch event starts on August 19th which is a week away, there's gonna be lots of players grinding fates for medals in the mines of Outer La Noscea, this is the perfect opportunity to speed up the fate grind since the more players there are the faster the fate will end. Remember that two fates spawn back to back in the location below:

1x6cIxE.png

Edited by Venocide

This was exactly how I did my fate grind.  With a high level and well equipped paladin, each fate did not last long on my own, so I managed it solo.  Even with this way, it is still a long and arduous grind.  Good advice though :)

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

This was exactly how I did my fate grind.  With a high level and well equipped paladin, each fate did not last long on my own, so I managed it solo.  Even with this way, it is still a long and arduous grind.  Good advice though :)

I did it solo as well in 2018, but I wish I'd done it a year before because, while it was quick on my own, would have been even quicker during the first YoKai Watch event ? still, I'm sure some people have yet to complete it, thought I'd give them some useful advice to make the grind less painful :) 

I'll be doing those fates again next week because I want those minions and cosmetic weapons haha 

Here's a handy guide for the event, I'm doing the event myself trying to get all the weapons and every AAR zone is thriving, you could go to any zone and do fates and you'll complete them in a matter of seconds. Seriously, if you still need the 1000 fate trophy NOW is the perfect time.  

OzjxcSc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, I probably will do this event soon. I did the event on three of my alts and it was sort of fun. The quest is fun even though I have never ever seen Yokai Watch in my life. I really love Blizzaria, Kyubi and Desmonda. I got several of the weapons on my alts and all three have the Whisper-Go mount for getting 13 minions. ^_^

This is a pretty decent way to grind FATEs, but the one mentioned in the opening post will only work with Magic Disciples of Conjurer, Thaumaturge and Astrologian because their Yokai(Blizzaria, Komasan and Noko) are the only Yokai minions which drop their legendary Yokai medals in those mines. You will probably want to start new classes to farm the FATEs in the low-level areas. Warriors are going to have to level sync a lot of FATEs to get the Jibanyan medallions for their axe. Woe be you if you didn't get the Jibayan axe as your first weapon as you'll have to grind twice as many FATEs.

Luckily, it was a lot worse in the last two turns of this event (2017 and 2018) - you had to grind out 136 FATEs and pray RNG was kind to let you drop a medallion each time. Add in the 300 regular Yo-Kai medallions you needed to exchange for the minions! At least this time it's only 1 medallion for the first minion(you get one for free from Nohi so you can exchange it right away) and the rest only bump up to 3 medallions each. You can deposite the Yo-Kai watch in your bag or glamour it once you get 49 regular medallions as you only need the required minion out in the right area to get the legendary ones. You will need 175 legendary medallions - 5 for the first weapon and 10 for each of the 17 others. Also, the four new Yo-kai for the classes that were added(you couldn't participate in the event if you were not one of the nine ARR classes as they didn't add weapons for expansion classes) require you to go to Heavensward areas in Isghard to farm high-level fates there as their legendary medallions only drop from those places. ;)

Edited by CJ-Olly6
  • Like 1

I don't think it really matters now, I've been doing my paladin relic quest which takes me all over AAR zones and not many people are doing these fates now, on Odin at least. I hope people took advantage of these fates when the event first started because you'll be struggling now that most people have got their mounts. Some fates took 10 seconds to complete, though that was due to blue mages spamming missile, it was really annoying but I was pretty quick hitting each fate before BLU showed up. 

I'm eager to get Blue Mage. Shame you have to complete the first story arc to get it because I'm still working my way to Titan.

EDIT: Just beat Titan and slogging through Coerthas.

I'd love to see Square-Enix put a Kingdom Hearts crossover in FFXIV, since Melody of Memory is coming out soon. (It wouldn't need to include any Disney character, just have Sora or Riku end up washed up on a beach with amnesia and help them fight Heartless through special FATEs and a Level 50 dungeon at the end modeled after The World That Never Was.) However, unless Disney, who owns majority rights to the Kingdom Hearts series, gives the okay, we probably won't see it anything come of it. :(

Edited by CJ-Olly6