Franchise Mode trophies help

raimo666

For (Your Hired) start a franchise as Toronto (they 95% of the time have an A+ coach). When it loads, fire the coach and simply rehire him. Trophy will pop. If the coach isnt an A+ then just keep starting a new one with Toronto (it took me 2 tries, not long at all) 

Coaching Royalty you just have to be lucky, its very random. But choose a team that isnt listed as a contender and guide them to the playoffs. Those are the coaches that win the Jack Adams from my experience. 

11 hours ago, vancity141 said:

For (Your Hired) start a franchise as Toronto (they 95% of the time have an A+ coach). When it loads, fire the coach and simply rehire him. Trophy will pop. If the coach isnt an A+ then just keep starting a new one with Toronto (it took me 2 tries, not long at all) 

Coaching Royalty you just have to be lucky, its very random. But choose a team that isnt listed as a contender and guide them to the playoffs. Those are the coaches that win the Jack Adams from my experience. 

I think you just got very lucky because I probably attempted 40+ franchises with Toronto before I got an A+ coach... I maxed the amount of save files a couple times and had to delete them all to try more. I also tried a few times with MTL, VAN and Tampa as they all have high coaching budget and spending tendency.

I eventually got an A+ coach with Toronto but I've fired him and now probably attempted another 10+ times to reload my save, offer max contract (with maxed out budget for coach and max amount of coaches fired) and he keeps saying the size of the market isn't for him and declines even if I offer 1M more than asking.

Very frustrating, I think I may have to try another 40 times for another A+ save file. I had the same problem last year but at least he signed right away.

As for winning Jack Adams - I went 80-2-0 with my 32nd expansion team franchise and won the Stanley Cup but did not receive the award. I believe you should use a very bad team like Ottawa or Detroit and do well + win the cup with them. I have heard firing your NHL coach and getting a C- or lower rated coach to be head coach will help your case but I can't confirm.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I’m assuming no one has found a good strategy for either of these trophies? I read somewhere that they fixed the glitch where Minnesota’s coach always won the Jack Adams award. This is starting to make the franchise trophies quite frustrating.

Edit - The NHL 20 guide for the trophy worked first time for me. My apologies for my ranting before I tried the guide.

Edited by stretchconrad

Minesotas couch usually gets trophy, just sim whole season and you should get it.

For A+ couch try NY Islanders, got him on my second try, to rehire him you will get money issues, so just sim half season and hire him. You can rehire him on second season as well by then you should have more budget and he will be much cheaper

• 9 months later...