To anyone having trouble with "Philomathy" + useful resources.

Caiphon

Hi there,

In case anyone else is having trouble unlocking the trophy about gathering every possible piece of text in the Temple: sometimes a specific text will bug out and won't get saved correctly in the Library.  

While it may be any text in the game (and I would recommend double checking your available texts and looking for any inconsistencies) I did some research and found that the most likely culprit is:

False Eden 2/2, part 2: 6/7 "He merely told me..." - located in room 97 at the Obsidian Cathedral 

Spoiler

(It's right in the first room starting from the entrance to the cathedral at the clinic in the Cloister of the Chosen)

It's not really clear whether the text fails to save to the library the first time it's read (which was my case) or if it needs to be re-read every time the game is booted up again. Just in case, I'd recommend leaving it for last. 

Credit goes to @Marckrow-JPN, without whose help I wouldn't have been able to unlock the trophy. 

On another note, in case anyone is looking for a complete map of the Temple, there's a wonderful resource by user Demajen at the Steam forums here (which has both a 100% complete map, a particular map for looking for books and two specific maps with example routes for other trophies). Of course, it's full of spoilers about areas, routes and bosses, so beware if you'd rather experience the game firsthand. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I had a different issue with this trophy.  I couldn't find any information about it but I managed to figure it out luckily.  I looked in the library and noticed I was missing False Eden Part 6 and Part 7.  Part 6 I got just fine in the location you mentioned but Part 7 wasn't showing up for me.  I went to the room where it spawns in the Obsidian Cathedral and read it... except it didn't say it saved to the library so no trophy popped.  I died and went back to the library.. clicked on every text and talked to the librarian and the trophy didn't pop nor did Part 7 show up.

Turns out there is a pretty silly glitch with the room where Part 7 spawns (the room directly after the Nekosh boss fight for anyone wondering).  There are two texts in that room, the one that is supposed to get saved to the library does not get saved to the library when you read it.  I had to read the OTHER text in the room which says "Saved to library" but what it is actually doing is saving the Part 7 text that said it didn't save.  So I think the solution was to just read both of them in the same room as my last text after having previously read Part 6.  That popped the trophy for me.  This was a massive pain and I hope anyone who plays this in the future can benefit from my "research" and have a lot less stress than me.

Edited by Elegy