Hard Mode Platinum Ranks

I couldn't find this information here said outright on psnprofiles, so I thought I'd share for those of you who aren't aware.

To get the highest rank in a level in hard mode, you must achieve a platinum rank (the requirements are laid out in the trophy guide) in 3 categories, Combo Rating, Emblems Collected, and Completion Time. This may seem daunting at first, but you DO NOT need to achieve platinum rank in each category of a single run of the level. I confirmed this last night when I got a platinum rank for Scorpion in 3 playthroughs (took me one playthrough for each rating) and got the trophy for max rating on 8 levels.

For example, say you get platinum rank in Combo Rating and Emblems Collected in one run. The game stores your best score on the "Level Select" screen so those platinums are already saved. Then you would just need to do a speedrun to get the time platinum rank. It appears the game takes your best rank from each category and once they all display platinum rank (sort of like a whitish silver, might be hard to tell versus the bluish silver which is actually silver. Just double check the trophy guide for platinum rank requirements), you will have the overall platinum rank on the level and you can keep going!

I found the best way to do it is to try to do it in a couple runs if you want to make sure you get the combo rating requirement. I was able to pull of the Noir levels in one run and I believe Hobgoblin. The others that I've tried so far, I've done Combo Rating and Emblem Collection in one try and then focused on the time to beat it on a second play.

I hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...