Warning - avoid this crap. RNG only and worse

cris3f

I bought this as it's a twin-stick shooter and try to have them all. Game is sort of fun when you start it. The first 2 bosses are manageable once you learn them in the lowest difficulty. Everything will be fine until you reach level 3 - 7 (Forest). This one has 2 phases like many, a crystal collecting one and a killing enemies after, and is an absolute RNG nightmare. Every stupid thing that can be imagined shows up in full force in this one. Bad powerups that can damage you or random your controls showing up under your feet whether you're moving or still? Yes. Enemies that will fart themselves ASAP as they spawn right next to you and it's impossible to escape the explosion area in the time you have (well, you can actually just escape the exploding area, but the game still awards the same damage to your character if you're just outside the blow up area)? Yes. Will the good weapons and powerups randomly spawn near you? Nah, always as far as possible. Will the bad power ups spawn exactly in the same place as the good power ups? Yes, and guess what you can't see the bad ones. Even if you can learn something and manage to pass the first phase with little or no damage (only hint I can give, try to stay in the lower left side, a large crystals area is there that will respawn eventually and hopefully without bad powerups mixed), the second one is a lot worse. There's a gazillion enemies, the weapons are few and usually spawn in the worst places and most suck, your shots cover theirs and sometimes you have 3 or 4 shooting at the same time, and yes they spawn all over you again, and even if they didn't amlost all home on you ASAP. If you're lucky and eventually get vaguely decent waves and spawns placement you'll manage with some skill, not that much needed (this is 90% luck, 10% skill). Only hints I can provide for second phase is that weapons always spawn in the same sequence and try to stay near a border, as at least outside the map enemies won't spawn. If you can't see the weapons, they're probably under the trees below, but getting them from there is another lucky draw. Of course you can be lucky and get a decent run in the first attempts but to me took me more time to finish this one than all the other levels combined, including the bosses in all difficulties.

The bosses can be done with more or less ease in normal mode, but in hard and nightmare things are difficult, and again luck dependent. The first 2 bosses can be in awkward positions, on either side or the bottom of the screen. The second one is particularly "nice", as if he is on either side, chances are you're not able to see him, so you have to guess where their fireball attacks are coming, and escaping between the fireballs if they are shot horizontally is a lucky draw. The last boss is a puzzle. I've seen videos showing how "easy" it can be, I've tried that but doesn't work. Everything is random, and supposedly he'll stay stupidly being attacked if you're shooting him from behind, but I had him almost rush on me if I even did that from across the screen let alone if I was just behind him, so can't figure why some people got blessed runs and most the shitty ones, like me.

If this is not enough in the end you'll have a giant grind for taking the 4 characters to level 90, along with the crystals and kills trophies. Don't even dream on doing these if you don't have 4 controllers. The game multiplies the picked crystals and enemies killed by the number of players. If you're playing with just one the grind should be unbearable. Playing with 3 idle characters ia a junk too. You can't pass a certain area containing all, but even worse when they die they'll leave a giant glow and is a power up spawns there you can't see it. It's also annoying that you'll revive them as you pass by them, losing health with your character in the process, not very useful for crystals and kills grinding. With 4 controllers it's bearable.

And icing on the cake? The game will crash with CE errors. And crash again. And again. I must have surely sent more than 100 of them to Sony, and I did not even sent all of them. You'll feel a level of happiness indescribable when the game crashes when you're just possibly beating level 3-7 or the final boos on nightmare. Yes it happened. This game alone crashed more that all other PS4 games combined I've played so far.

Highly recommended shit...

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1