Game sharing on PS5

ThalifmUS

Hey guys, 

So I just got my PS5 today and started to download the ps4 games I am still playing on it. Some of this games are from my friend, we do the profile thing.

I set his profile on my ps5 and downloaded from his library and I also enabled the game shared feature on the ps5.

However when I go to my account it wont let me play, it is locked even after all that.

Is anyone having the same issues?

Nope, I had no problems switching between my regional accounts. You could try restoring licenses and see if that helps. I would also suggest you check that you can start the game on the alt account which owns the game - if it is locked there, then it is definitely a license issue, or you have the wrong account.

10 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Nope, I had no problems switching between my regional accounts. You could try restoring licenses and see if that helps. I would also suggest you check that you can start the game on the alt account which owns the game - if it is locked there, then it is definitely a license issue, or you have the wrong account.

I restored the licenses in all profiles just to make sure and nothing. 

Which is weird is that some profiles can access the game and others can't

3 hours ago, ThalifmUS said:

I restored the licenses in all profiles just to make sure and nothing. 

Which is weird is that some profiles can access the game and others can't

Maybe try deleting the profiles and re-adding them manually. I'm thinking the transfer process probably screwed stuff up.

Don't delete your main though, you will lose all your data.

22 hours ago, CodeRednuop said:

You have to allow game sharing on the profile sharing it, so that anyone on that console can use it. Its somewhere in the settings. 

Does it work like on the PS4 where you can only have one console sharing?