Can PS4/PS5 be primary for same account??

Optinooby

Hey every1, 

I'll find out myself eventually, but as usual im extremely curious and cannot wait ;)

With PS4, you can only play games purchased with a account if that PS4 is set as that accounts primary

My question is; Can I have a PS4 AND PS5 set as primary at the same time for the same account?? 

Just wanna know if I can have account setup on both incase wanna play same games at same time, thanks all 

3 minutes ago, lewqu said:

They're completely separate from each other so an account can have both a primary PS4 and primary PS5 console, just as you could with PS4/PS3. 

Thanks, yeah figured, just wanted to be sure rather than assume as weird decisions are made sometimes! 

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Just as a fun fact for people, Microsoft did not do this. You can only set one primary between Xbox One consoles and Xbox Series consoles. A very stupid decision.

This is why I try not to assume anymore, most the time assumptions across gaming is ok, but I feel like a right idiot when I advise others on an assumption, then it turns out to be wrong xD

Didnt they make another stupid decision last gen which they went back on, but the dmg had already done. Something about games only working with the first system they were booted up on, so no chance of resale etc

Will be interesting to see how Xbox does this gen