Beruberu trophy?

Damazy102

6 minutes ago, TheTrophySage said:

I believe it might be a random event, my bad luck meant that I returned from the toilet to Yu and Kay talking about the Beruberu and questioning why it had left, leaving me to ponder whether or not I will encounter it again :/

So its a random encounter huh? I was everywhere except the last few areas ( I wont spoil, but I mean those quite different from the usual islets ). Still no beruberu. Thanks for help tho

3 minutes ago, Damazy102 said:

So its a random encounter huh? I was everywhere except the last few areas ( I wont spoil, but I mean those quite different from the usual islets ). Still no beruberu. Thanks for help tho

Iv completed the game which is why I'm assuming its random - I missed the encounter when I was simply standing still on a cleared islet lol

JUST FOUND THIS - https://www.trueachievements.com/a313467/thar-she-blows-achievement hope it helps xD

Edited by TheTrophySage
  • Like 1

Here's how to get the trophy from the guide I submitted to PSNProfiles (awaiting approval):

I would highly recommend having already gotten the trophy Gold A Love Supreme, that way both characters will have max health and abilities. In addition, I would also suggest having unlocked "Crafting" at the Nest. This enables you to make balms, tonics, omni-impacts, and omni-blasts.

The real struggle of facing Beruberu is that he only spawns once you've been away from the Nest for over a day in-game (which is roughly twenty-four minutes at a minimum). At this point, both of your characters will be famished and attack much slower, which can be costly against the whale enemy. My recommended advice is to have plenty of tonics on hand as they will make your attacks much faster despite hunger being an issue. Balms will most likely also be necessary as Beruberu hits hard even when the duo is using Shield and has a Counter ability.

When you're all prepped and ready, find an islet to park your butt at and let your characters sit or hug. In roughly twenty to thirty minutes, the area will tremble and the screen will have some tearing on it temporarily. The characters will make a few commends and say they don't want to stick around. At this point, it is highly recommended to move into an area that has rust as Beruberu will only spawn on an island with it.

Wait roughly five to ten minutes more, and the screen tearing will become a constant, signifying that Beruberu is chasing for you. The monster will seek you out and then it's time to fight.

This fight has three phases where the large whale will change its approach. In phase one, it's recommended that you Shield to avoid its first attack, then to Charge, and active your tonic. This super speed will allow you to use Duo attacks to beat his first phrase extremely quick as every other Duo attack will stun him.

Beruberu will roar to signify phase two is starting. Ironically, I found the tonic to be detrimental in this phase as the whale will change stances. This is signified by a red aura, which means he is weak to Duo-Blast and a green aura, which means he is weak to Duo-Impact. He will change stance shortly after he attacks, so keep that in mind to make sure you don't perform the wrong ability. Doing so will have your characters either miss or get Countered, and that will cause each of them to get slapped for 30 HP.

He will roar for the last time as he enters phrase three. Activate Charge and renew your tonic to get that speed boost. Utilize Impact whenever you can as you need to be aware of your Shield uses in this phase for both characters. At various intervals, the enemy will cry out and his horn will begin to light up. At this moment, you should Shield with both Yu and Kay since Beruberu will attack one character and then the other. When his attack is finished, you can do a Duo-Impact if you have a tonic active to do some mad damage. However, if you're without the extra speed, it's recommended to do single character Impacts or else you will miss the stun window.

Once you've whittled the beast down and pacified him, then you'll get this trophy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kanashimi said:

Here's how to get the trophy from the guide I submitted to PSNProfiles (awaiting approval):

Is that guide available now as a preview?  I need help with Last Minute and Perfect Timing.  I'm end game and haven't gotten them yet.

49 minutes ago, langdon said:

Is that guide available now as a preview?  I need help with Last Minute and Perfect Timing.  I'm end game and haven't gotten them yet.

This is my first time submitting a guide, so it says Awaiting Review and the link is here: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11372-haven-trophy-guide Not sure if it will actually show up. If not, here's what I have for Last Minute and Perfect Timing though.

Last Minute:

Spoiler

This is one of the riskier trophies specifically because you need to have enough time to revive one of the characters while avoiding a KO. A KO is defined by the game as both characters losing all their health in battle, and having this occur four or more times will void Gold Unstoppable.

I highly recommend doing this later in the game in one of the three final islands as the monsters infected by rust will be a bit tougher. You can also do this with the Hornet Units, if desired. Defeat all the enemies except one, and then have your chosen sacrifice consistently active Shield. This will make sure all attacks are zoning on them and not their partner. Once they have reached zero HP, the character that's alive can then hold down Cross to activate Help. Let the circle indicator spin until it has reached two charges, and revive your fallen ally.

Perfect Timing:

Spoiler

When both character do a Duo attack, the circle indicator can spin multiple times to make said attack stronger. Just let the Duo attack reach two charges, successfully hit the enemy, and you'll achieve this trophy.

Edited by Kanashimi
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 4:31 AM, Kanashimi said:

When you're all prepped and ready, find an islet to park your butt at and let your characters sit or hug. In roughly twenty to thirty minutes, the area will tremble and the screen will have some tearing on it temporarily. The characters will make a few commends and say they don't want to stick around. At this point, it is highly recommended to move into an area that has rust as Beruberu will only spawn on an island with it.

Just an FYI for your guide - this is untrue. I had completed the game and none of the islets had any rust left. In order for the Beruberu to spawn you just need to stay out for longer than Kay and Yu would like, without eating or sleeping. Like you said, they will make commment on this to let you know how far off the Beruberu is. 

3 hours ago, TheTrophySage said:

Just an FYI for your guide - this is untrue. I had completed the game and none of the islets had any rust left. In order for the Beruberu to spawn you just need to stay out for longer than Kay and Yu would like, without eating or sleeping. Like you said, they will make commment on this to let you know how far off the Beruberu is. 

Can I ask if you were in the final three islands when you encountered him (they're dark and look rust-like even if they're cleared)?

I did about four to five tests (ranging from twenty to forty minutes), and I was only able to get him to spawn on fragments that had rust. I waited about two hours on an islet without and was never able to get him despite getting the warning message. I haven't tested this since the latest patch however.

25 minutes ago, Kanashimi said:

Can I ask if you were in the final three islands when you encountered him (they're dark and look rust-like even if they're cleared)?

I did about four to five tests (ranging from twenty to forty minutes), and I was only able to get him to spawn on fragments that had rust. I waited about two hours on an islet without and was never able to get him despite getting the warning message. I haven't tested this since the latest patch however.

No, I was two islets away from the nest, but just kept moving about between islets looking for the final two seeds 

On 12/18/2020 at 5:31 AM, Kanashimi said:

I would highly recommend having already gotten the trophy Gold A Love Supreme, that way both characters will have max health and abilities. In addition, I would also suggest having unlocked "Crafting" at the Nest. This enables you to make balms, tonics, omni-impacts, and omni-blasts.

The real struggle of facing Beruberu is that he only spawns once you've been away from the Nest for over a day in-game (which is roughly twenty-four minutes at a minimum). At this point, both of your characters will be famished and attack much slower, which can be costly against the whale enemy. My recommended advice is to have plenty of tonics on hand as they will make your attacks much faster despite hunger being an issue. Balms will most likely also be necessary as Beruberu hits hard even when the duo is using Shield and has a Counter ability.

Wait roughly five to ten minutes more, and the screen tearing will become a constant, signifying that Beruberu is chasing for you. The monster will seek you out and then it's time to fight.

This fight has three phases where the large whale will change its approach. In phase one, it's recommended that you Shield to avoid its first attack, then to Charge, and active your tonic. This super speed will allow you to use Duo attacks to beat his first phrase extremely quick as every other Duo attack will stun him.

Beruberu will roar to signify phase two is starting. Ironically, I found the tonic to be detrimental in this phase as the whale will change stances. This is signified by a red aura, which means he is weak to Duo-Blast and a green aura, which means he is weak to Duo-Impact. He will change stance shortly after he attacks, so keep that in mind to make sure you don't perform the wrong ability. Doing so will have your characters either miss or get Countered, and that will cause each of them to get slapped for 30 HP.

He will roar for the last time as he enters phrase three. Activate Charge and renew your tonic to get that speed boost. Utilize Impact whenever you can as you need to be aware of your Shield uses in this phase for both characters. At various intervals, the enemy will cry out and his horn will begin to light up. At this moment, you should Shield with both Yu and Kay since Beruberu will attack one character and then the other. When his attack is finished, you can do a Duo-Impact if you have a tonic active to do some mad damage. However, if you're without the extra speed, it's recommended to do single character Impacts or else you will miss the stun window.

Once you've whittled the beast down and pacified him, then you'll get this trophy.

Oh damn, Thanks A LOT! I cleaned all islets and was suprised that beruberu hasn't come in almost 2 hours. Now I know that it only comes to the rusty areas. Thanks ! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:21 PM, Kanashimi said:

This is my first time submitting a guide, so it says Awaiting Review and the link is here: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11372-haven-trophy-guide Not sure if it will actually show up. If not, here's what I have for Last Minute and Perfect Timing though.

Last Minute:

Reveal hidden contents

This is one of the riskier trophies specifically because you need to have enough time to revive one of the characters while avoiding a KO. A KO is defined by the game as both characters losing all their health in battle, and having this occur four or more times will void Gold Unstoppable.

I highly recommend doing this later in the game in one of the three final islands as the monsters infected by rust will be a bit tougher. You can also do this with the Hornet Units, if desired. Defeat all the enemies except one, and then have your chosen sacrifice consistently active Shield. This will make sure all attacks are zoning on them and not their partner. Once they have reached zero HP, the character that's alive can then hold down Cross to activate Help. Let the circle indicator spin until it has reached two charges, and revive your fallen ally.

Perfect Timing:

Reveal hidden contents

When both character do a Duo attack, the circle indicator can spin multiple times to make said attack stronger. Just let the Duo attack reach two charges, successfully hit the enemy, and you'll achieve this trophy.

Seems your guide is still pending review because it lists as unpublished. I just finished the game and am only missing 'Strike!' now.

I didn't really pay attention to omni capsules until the endgame at which point there were none of the smaller critters that spawn in 5s. Do you know if they re-spawn anywhere in the game? Otherwise I think I'll have to replay all of it until I unlock the capsules again :/

5 hours ago, RtchetRaindrop said:

Seems your guide is still pending review because it lists as unpublished. I just finished the game and am only missing 'Strike!' now.

I didn't really pay attention to omni capsules until the endgame at which point there were none of the smaller critters that spawn in 5s. Do you know if they re-spawn anywhere in the game? Otherwise I think I'll have to replay all of it until I unlock the capsules again :/

Sorry, still waiting for someone to give it a look over, but I'm checking back.

If you've cleared all the rust, I'm pretty confident you're in trouble. The last three islets will respawn enemies if you haven't cleared them all out however. Usually, the bugs don't spawn in that area, but it's worth going through and checking before starting over.