Some Zenni farming advice

False_Gix

Disclaimer:  After trying this a second time I did not get nearly as much zenni so I guess it is not really the most efficient method

So, I wanted to give you some advice about how to get zenni.  This might not be quite as fast as some of the other methods but it requires less direct effort but more patience which is a win in my opinion.

First of all if your not in a Z-union already join one right away.  Also would recommend picking a popular one like Goku.  This will cause you to periodically get bonus zenni when you sign in.  This is not a ton but it helps a bit.

You should get in the habit of signing in every day because they sometimes give daily zenni bonuses.  Usually small amounts like 25k-50k but I have randomly gotten several hundred thousand or even a million before.  There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this as far as I can tell so just log in every day and you might get a nice surprise. BTW, the reset time is 10 am EST. 

You should also get in the habit of doing the daily quests which award zenni.  usually these are not a ton but they are generally quick and easy, especially if you have 2 play stations to self-boost like I did, on an average day I make about 15-20k doing these quests in about 10 minutes plus whatever daily bonus they might award.  But sometimes you get lucky and one of the quests will be worth a lot, like I have gotten 500k from summoning shenron in a ranked match. 

So, do those dailies everyday with minimal effort.  You won't make a ton this way but it will keep you earning progress until you reach the big money event, the fighter Z cup.  It seems that this fighter z cup happens approximately once per month, and you need to be in a Z-union to get credit so again do that ASAP if you have not already.

Once this fighter Z cup starts it lasts for 4 days and you get points for completing Ranked matches.  I was experimenting with this in the cup that just ended and earned about 3 million total with about 6 hours of ranked match grinding throughout those 4 days.  For reference I started the cup at about 230,000 BP and grinded until I hit the 530k trophy and stopped there. 

To make sure you maximize the zenni that you earn from this keep in mind:

1.  You will receive bonus zenni when you leave the ranked match queue.  This will be LOST if you close the game without backing out to claim it.  If you receive this bonus then it equates to earning 2000 zenni per round that you fight.  Which is not a ton but every bit helps.  I earned about 200,000 during my boosting just from this.

2.  When the Z-cup ends talk to the receptionist on the bottom right platform to receive a bonus.  This is tied to how many points you earned in the cup, I got about 400,000 bonus from this.

3. Several days after the cup ends, when the receptionist finally disappears, when you log in you will receive a HUGE bonus.  I just got about 2 million from signing in a moment ago.

So, presumably you should be able to hit the 20 million after participating in about 6 of these fighter Z-cups (plus what you earn doing the rest of the trophies)

It definitely requires patience and waiting around for about half a year to get through it all, but it definitely beats sitting there and grinding tournaments or story mode for 100+ hours if you ask me.  I am all about maximum reward for minimum effort haha

Edited by False_Gix
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay this actually did not work out nearly as well the second time that I did the fighter z-cup, I only got around 600K rewards at the end of the week.

I am guessing the first time I did it just also happened to correspond to a large daily bonus, maybe for the beginning of the holiday event?  I don't know.  Looks like it is probably best to just farm story/tournaments