Game crashing bug

Czajnikus

Hey there guys. 

Funny thing is, I found the same game crashing bugs in PS4 version that I had on PC waaay back. It will happen in the same spot (this time for me it was when you wanna exit the Mythril Mines), don't know what triggers it, but I know how to fix it - probably some memory writting issues. So if you ever stumble on some crashing part of the game, when each time crash happens, just brake the routine. I came into the mines, took all stuff and then after talking to Turks exited them - game crashes at that point. You just have to exit the mines on Kalm side and then the Junon side won't crash anymore. 

I remember having this bug at Bone Village and Cosmo Canyon cave back in the days on PC. Found only few topics on the internet about this kind of bug, I belive it's not well known - which is wierd, becouse I trigger it everytime I play FFVII :D So like I said, it has to be some memory writing bug and the solution is to break the routine, play the crashing part somewhat different. Don't pickup some stuff, exit through some other path first before the desired one, chose different characters for that part.

• Like 2

Super funny...I'm actually playing this right now...and I can verify there is something to this. I didn't have the game fully crash...but just as I was leaving the exact section you mentioned...I had a "near" crash where the game sputters...starts to go to the blue screen where the error message comes up...but then recovers. I literally just ran through this section yesterday and it was one of the last things that happened before I did a little farming and stopped for the day.

• 1 year later...

I have this issue on my PS5. Thought playing the game on external drive was the issue, but it happens on console storage too. The game would sporadically crash when I try to go to the world map region from from any place. I've already had to replay hours of gameplay due to this issue. I think my save file might be corrupted? It has made the game near unplayable for me. Anyone who finished the game has a fix?