Alien hunters dlc mission not activating

macritchie

I have the collectors edition of xcom 2, which gives me the option to play the base game or WOTC expansion with all the dlc. I’ve completed the game a couple of times now, and I’m trying to get the alien hunter trophies. Playing on commander difficulty I’m at the last mission, advent network tower with fully upgraded armour and weapons, defeated the 3 chosen, sabotaged all available facilities and the avatar project has no red blocks. So why won’t this mission start? I searched the locator beacon and reserved the dlc weapons on Sep 5th 2036 and now I’ve reached Mar 9th 2037 (in game clock) and still nothing. I played shens last gift dlc earlier in my play through and that worked fine. Although it was pretty easy with fully powered weapons. Have I done something wrong? Or have I left the alien hunter dlc to late? If anyone has any info about this please tell me

OK, after doing a little research I'm changing my reply here. Looks like WOTC may not require/allow you to play the "Forbidden Experiment" mission as the rulers show up under different circumstances. Try a vanilla campaign instead.

EDIT: Looks like ticking "integrated DLC" will cause different behavior of this mission, so that's another thing to consider.

Edited by RNumbers