Can anyone help me retrieve my PS4 save data

Hocking_1988

Hi there i need some help please if anyone can. I got my ps5 last week and everything so far so good. 

I just went to load up call of duty to pick up my save file to play and it’s not there. All my save files were in the cloud on ps plus and I believe I copied them onto console but no joy. I then loaded up fifa 21 to see if it would let me continue my career but only the option to start a new one. 

I go to settings and saved data (PS4) cloud storage and download to console storage pick the relevant game. It gives me an option to overwrite which I do and it then downloads.

To check they have downloaded ok i go to storage in settings and it says over 2gb of save files and I go into PS4 games and they are all there. 

I then load the COD modern warfare up expecting to be able to go to chapter select and nothing happens. Just makes me start a new game

I am at a complete loss and if anyone could help me I would appreciate it

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, this is a known bug with some games so you have no option but to start over from scratch if you wish to play them on the PS5 :(.

Seriously I did not know this? Please tell me the last of us 2 isn’t one of them? Is there any sort of list?

From what I have described have I done it correctly?

15 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

Seriously I did not know this? Please tell me the last of us 2 isn’t one of them? Is there any sort of list?

From what I have described have I done it correctly?

I don't know the name of every affected game, just that several are affected and there's nothing you can do to fix the problem :(. You've done everything right so far but unfortunately, this is a problem only Sony can fix.