Any tips to help with this one?

Greetings all,

So I only own 2 of the NeroGeo games on PSN, this and Metal Slug. With MS I found it rather easy to get the trophies done but this one is kind of kicking my backside a bit, been trying this one on and off for a while and can't seem to get to 100,000 points before having to continue and lose all of my points. Are there any tips that could be given or a way to actually get to 150k with ease?

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

What I did was map R1 to Rapid fire A button. Bump your game up to 9 lives and Level 1 difficulty (It's still gonna be tough)

So this game, it seems random who wins the grapples, and sometimes when it is the turn of the boss to win, the boss will win, no matter how many times you reload, if you're gonna grapple the winner seems already decided.

Ok so R1 you should use on the bonus rounds for easy wins.

Save frequently. When a boss comes on go in a for a grapple if you lose reload, if you win save, when the boss is on the floor go up to them and hold down the R1 button and you can often hit them 2 or 3 times. If you lose a grapple resort to jumping attacks, I chose the dragon. Keep jumping back and forth below or above them doing flying attacks and and try to catch them in mid air when they try to walk down/jump at you.

If you hold the Square button down (which is non rapid A button) the dragon charges up a fireball attack, it takes about 3 seconds to charge and you can't move. Now you can use this infinitely, once you flying kick (Dragon does a blanka roll) down a boss, move to their vertical plane so you are on the same level and then charge up your attack, try to aim so you release the button as they get up. Everytime you hit, save immediately, now try charging up again. You can use it infinitely and you don't lose health. Often this staggers the enemy so you can get a second hit on them for free. Each hit is nearly worth the damage of a full grapple.

Now Stage 5 is stupidly hard, it's just a boss fight, and no weapons or anything. But I managed to get rid of 90% of his health by tediously doing the dragon beam attack and saving if I missed or reloading if I got hit once. You get a nice 40000 points bonus for clearing Stage 5 and you should have about 170,000 points by then. That's how I got the 150,000 anyway, I just traded blow for blows so I could grapple the boss and lose some too, I think I sacrificed about 2 lives per level, (since you get no health back on clearing the stage you're inevitably gonna lose some lives somewhere) on one level you get an extra life so it's 10 lives in total.

Make sure you are levelled up twice so you get an extra two pieces of health per life. I think Dragon is green Level 1, Red for Level 2 and Blue or Gold for Level 3, I forget which.

I mapped Triangle and X to be opposite so X was jump and Triangle was kick/lizard tail attack. Lizard tale attack is slow but the range is huge and you can easily take out weak small enemies in one hit. On Stage 2 when the cliff breaks just keep jumping around from top to bottom to dodge the bullets you don't need to kill any enemies in most areas, just stand clear and in safety so you don't lose any health. If you lose health just reload.

It's tough, but good luck.

PS You can't join in Player 2 as that seems to nullify the trophy for some reason.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1