Tony Hawk SHRED

Davimount

Warning: I'm italian and it's late evening here, so please excuse me if you find errors in the following post.

= TONY HAWK SHRED =

I think this game was widely underrated. I mean, it's not perfect, but it's really fun to play.

I bought this recently in the bundle for just 15$. A bargain, compared to the original and too high price.

I'll try to briefly review it.

7937286.jpg

Board

The board is a surprise: the materials are great, it's solid and durable. The design is very pleasant and the graphic is cool.

The sensors show a good technological level, while the device is able to track your movement in the 3D space pretty accurately.

185417-tonyboard.jpg

Game

The in-game graphics are not unbelievable, but realistic enough with a nice touch of cell shading effect. It's cartoonish, even in the animation. The physics are reproduced well in the skateboarding part, but less on snow.

Oh, right, the snow.

The shred is 50% skateboard and 50% snowboard: the latter part is so much fun.

1281744732777.jpg

Gameplay

Shred it's not like the skate-joypad games and the controls may be a bit difficult and frustrating to master, but at the maximum difficulty (where you can move freely your board) the sense of freedom and challenge is more present.

The game modes comprehend the easiest one on rails, while the others give you more and more control. On the physical board controller you must do the tricks, the jumps and the lateral movement.

Overall

It's a small casual game. Fun, especially with friends around, but it's not eye-popping or hard core.

Suitable for younger gamers but not only to them: playing with SHRED and its board is physically tiring at high difficulty and most of the time is pretty rewarding. It's like a funny and well-done Wii Fit for PS3, X360 and Wii.

The starting price around 100$ (at 2010) was a robbery, but you can find it at a very low price in some shop. Online the price without extra discount is around 50-40$.

Do you agree or not?

thumbnail_2_cb9c3960_v6.jpg

Edited by Davimount
  • Like 1

Being one of the few people to have platinumed both RIDE and SHRED I can say this game is imles better than RIDE.

I think if they would have released this first the seriew could have done OK but RIDE was so broken it turned a lot of people off.

fun game and I agree for under 20 it is worth picking up.

I can't say I like this game at all. Shred was not good either but easier to plat. I have Ride but yet to get plat and my trophy progress is only on my other ps3 which has YLOD :( one day I'll fix my ps3 and finish it. Think I'm at 45% trophy completion...

Oh I only paid $1.50 for Ride. I already had the board from Shred so yeah lol

Edited by weeztha

played it for the Wii and it was passible, nothing to write about(no offense :yay: )

No problem, it was an attempt to figure out if I like to write on the forum or not.  :lol:

On PS3 is pretty nice. Again, you have to convince yourself that it is a little game and not The Last of Us the Tony Hawk series.

Edited by Davimount