Unobtainable platinum? "Freeware" trophy and "Hacker's Toolkit" skills bug/glitch

Bykovsky7

Has anybody got an issue with unlocking the "Hacker's Toolkit" skills in Watch Dogs (PS4)? 

I'm in the Act IV of the story now and I'm still unable to unlock even the very first skills of the Hacker's Toolkit.

I'm afraid it will prevent me from obtaining the platinum trophy in Watch Dogs... Do you have any solution to fix this issue or my save file has been corrupted and there's no way to fix this?

Not completely sure why you cant get the skill. I got the game a long time ago and platted it so i don't really remember. Have you completed the main story? Perhaps you're missing a side mission where you can obtain this specific skill. I know for a fact that its not unobtainable.

Edited by OmerSenpai

7 minutes ago, OmerSenpai said:

Not completely sure why you cant get the skill. I got the game a long time ago and platted it so i don't really remember. Have you completed the main story? Perhaps you're missing a side mission where you can obtain this specific skill. I know for a fact that its not unobtainable.

What side mission is it? Any of the blue ones marked on the map? 

Apparently this is a glitch/bug that other people experience as well. Here's a Reddit post with the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/3amery/requires_hackers_tool_kit_to_unlock_bug/

No solution yet. Try to backup your save data to cloud delete the save and download it back. Restore licenses. Reinstall the game.

Here's another right from Ubisoft's forums: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1223952-Skill-tree-reset-and-locked-skills-and-items-Forums

Apparently they never bothered fixing it so your best bet is the solutions i provided above or if all else fails you have to start a new game.

Edited by OmerSenpai
  • Like 1

I had this glitch in my plat run. Sadly all one can do is go back to an earlier save before it happened and replay everything up to that point. For me I ended up needing to restart the whole bloody game. It's best to keep multiple saves and check every so often to make sure the glitch hasn't activated before saving.

38 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I had this glitch in my plat run. Sadly all one can do is go back to an earlier save before it happened and replay everything up to that point. For me I ended up needing to restart the whole bloody game. It's best to keep multiple saves and check every so often to make sure the glitch hasn't activated before saving.

Do you recommend finishing as much as possible in my current run and then start over and do a speed run just for a skill unlocking? I've got about 70% of the game so far (all hotspots, all QR codes, etc.), so basically I need to finish the rest of the storyline (about 7 missions), complete the remaining side missions (blue marks on the map) and find 2 songs via SongSneak.

10 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Do you recommend finishing as much as possible in my current run and then start over and do a speed run just for a skill unlocking? I've got about 70% of the game so far (all hotspots, all QR codes, etc.), so basically I need to finish the rest of the storyline (about 7 missions), complete the remaining side missions (blue marks on the map) and find 2 songs via SongSneak.

Yup do the rest of the trophies then reset your game and get this skill for whichever trophy you have left. I think you can get this skill very early on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

For myself i had to do a full reset but that was because one of the hacking's I needed also got bugged and wasn't showing up as completed and I couldn't redo it. (Ended up locking me out of the story mission for the main ctos building close to the end.)

Anyways do as said above if the skills is the only thing just play through and get everything else. Then restart and go for skills. Btw I recommend skipping the gang bases and chess puzzles since they are required anyways to earn skills points as well. That will stop you from replaying them all twice.