How to get the Glitched Trophies

ValkerianCreator

On 17.6.2023 at 3:25 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

I know I’m late, but just got this game’s free update on PSVR2. Is this glitch fixed yet? If not I probable won’t play it. I don’t really care about completion rates, but I hate doing something I should get recognised for and don’t.

The PS5 version has a slightly different list than the PS4 one. The PS4 version never got fixed, but I got the PS5 Platinum without an issue (there was one broken trophy on release that got fixed quickly as far as I can see, as it popped two days later without issues, the one for upgrading a weapon to x). So you should be good.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what you mean by "free upgrade". The game doesn't have a free PS5 upgrade. If you didn't pay, chances are you got the PS4 version with PS+ or something. Which would mean you'd still have to play the broken version of the trophy list. I did all the broken PS4 trophies yesterday in about 4 hours, but I came fresh from the PS5 Platinum, which makes easy difficulty runs a breeze.

In any case, it's still a pretty tough list and the game is a pos on nightmare difficulty. Bad detection, bad balancing etc. The only saving grace is that only one finished  nightmare run is needed and you can abuse the way the game saves by quitting a room and restarting, of things don't go your way.

Edited by OMG_ThisIsSoEz
Further info
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

you can abuse the way the game saves by quitting a room and restarting

Goodness gracious. This changes everything. How didn't I think about that before? That takes the "sword god" playthrough from really frustrating material to "I can do that tomorrow afternoon without sweating" ?. Jesus... On the other hand, I'm sort of glad I did it legitimately once (psvr1 version) ?. I was definitely in the mood for challenges back then, so it wouldn't have been the same if I had cheesed it in some way. But I'm not really in the mood to "keep trying it until I finally get it" all over again on the psvr2, specially after knowing that this great shortcut exists. Now the question is whether that works on the psvr1 version too. If it does, I never realized it. I would only save and leave after a failure or after completing one entire run. I never thought about saving and reloading when I was in the near-death condition in nightmare in the middle of an ambush at the room before the final boss, ?. That would have saved at least 10 hours of retries, geeeeez.

It's kind of disappointing though that may be half of the "VR ninjas" around here could have been using that method ?. I mean, I thought that the 1 week platinum times were because these guys were really that good (like literal VR ninjas) lmao ??... Anyways, sword god and the final boss on nightmare are pretty unfair stuff, to be honest, so, if there's a way to cheese it, they deserve it. Also, I learned something new today: there's no such thing as VR ninja-ness without video proof, lmao ??, ?... And even then, the ones who did it legitimately definitely had a ton of hours of training for it, so, there's no magic here folks, it's just 1) training, or 2) knowing the exploits/shortcuts.

Thank you for your contributions OMG_ThisIsSoEz ??

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Goodness gracious. This changes everything. How didn't I think about that before? That takes the "sword god" playthrough from really frustrating material to "I can do that tomorrow afternoon without sweating" 1f602.png. Jesus... On the other hand, I'm sort of glad I did it legitimately once (psvr1 version) 1f61c.png. I was definitely in the mood for challenges back then, so it wouldn't have been the same if I had cheesed it in some way. But I'm not really in the mood to "keep trying it until I finally get it" all over again on the psvr2, specially after knowing that this great shortcut exists. Now the question is whether that works on the psvr1 version too. If it does, I never realized it. I would only save and leave after a failure or after completing one entire run. I never thought about saving and reloading when I was in the near-death condition in nightmare in the middle of an ambush at the room before the final boss, 1f644.png. That would have saved at least 10 hours of retries, geeeeez.

It's kind of disappointing though that may be half of the "VR ninjas" around here could have been using that method 1f602.png. I mean, I thought that the 1 week platinum times were because these guys were really that good (like literal VR ninjas) lmao 1f604.png1f61c.png... Anyways, sword god and the final boss on nightmare are pretty unfair stuff, to be honest, so, if there's a way to cheese it, they deserve it. Also, I learned something new today: there's no such thing as VR ninja-ness without video proof, lmao 1f602.png1f602.png1f60e.png... And even then, the ones who did it legitimately definitely had a ton of hours of training for it, so, there's no magic here folks, it's just 1) training, or 2) knowing the exploits/shortcuts.

Thank you for your contributions OMG_ThisIsSoEz 1f44d.png1f60e.png

Your estimate of "half" the ninjas here is a pretty optimistic take. That technique was known very early on and I doubt the number of people who did it the hard way is even 10% ?

It definitely works on PS4 too. Just hit the options button before losing your last point of life, hard quit the game and you are good to try the room again.

Another neat advantage is that while the game has a horrible imbalance in quality of traits, you can make sure you get a good start for your build by resetting the early, easy rooms until you get what your build needs. Considering at a certain base skill level the game isn't about skill at all anymore, but about fishing for the few non-shit traits to enable even beating the run, this is an even bigger advantage than saving yourself from death imo.

I have zero regrets about doing it that way, when needed. I went back to the PS4 version after getting the platinum on PS5, and oh boy does this game suck on PS4. Hitting larger enemies for a while turns your arm into rubber, meaning you can't reliably block or finish combo streaks over 5 most of the time. You constantly get trapped at the edges of terrain, too. The game is shitting in your cereal every chance it gets and I'll be so happy when I'm done with it. The audacity of the devs to release the PS4 version with a broken trophy list and never fixing it, just to release a full priced, barely improved PS5 version years later, is the final nail in the coffin. I'll endure this as a trophy hunter, but I sure hope their sails for PS5 tank hard.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OMG_ThisIsSoEz said:

The audacity of the devs to release the PS4 version with a broken trophy list and never fixing it, just to release a full priced, barely improved PS5 version years later, is the final nail in the coffin. I'll endure this as a trophy hunter, but I sure hope their sails for PS5 tank hard.

Sadly, I fully agree with this. I obviously liked this game, but it is the same thing on Ps5 as the Ps4 version. I thought it would at least get the better-looking graphics from the pc vr version, but no, it is the same exact thing as the Ps4 version with just 3 added weapons, a slightly different trophy list (that isn't bugged this time around), and that's it. You are essentially playing the psvr1 game again (same graphics and everything) with the psvr2 controllers and headset. It's a little bit better like that, sure, but they obviously grabbed the same psvr1 game and resold it here. I seriously hope that this doesn't become a "trend" for psvr2 to go forward, as if it was a "psvr1 reloaded" machine, when it is much better technology. Synth Riders did it right (the psvr2 version really looks and feels like an improvement over the psvr1 version) AND it was free to download for those who had it on psvr1. Beat Saber also looks like it does on psvr1, but at least they gave it for free, instead of charging again.

• Like 1