Heads Up - Randomly Got All My Upgrades Reset

PolloPawer

I had nothing but good things to say about this game, glitchy as it may be. I truly enjoyed playing through it the first time and was actually intimidated by the idea of doing a no-hit run for the platinum, but I was having so much fun doing it (only got genuinely frustrated once or twice and it was all because of the last boss) that it flew by. I took my sweet time, clocking in at around 1:30 just before attempting the last fight. I kept dying over and over so I figured I’d take a break. When I turned my ps4 on again, I noticed that the obsidian shell was gone, and so were all the upgrades on my sword, even the special ability. I thought I could just go back to get them in case that was the issue, but all the chests were already opened. I don’t know what to do or how I feel about this game anymore. I had heard about a few game-breaking glitches here and there, but this is too much. Final boss with no upgrades, no special abilities and dealing a massive 17 points of damage? And for what? So that when I finish the game I won’t even get the last trophies I need? Man, I don’t know if I have it in me to do another run. Do what everyone else says and backup your damn saves, you never know when things like these can happen, and I honestly don’t know what I did to make it happen as I hadn’t heard of anyone else experiencing something like this.

UPDATE: So, it took me well over 20 minutes (in a single, nerve-wrecking attempt...I hadn’t gotten so damn nervous in a boss fight in god knows how long...I dig this) but I pulled through. With a mediocre weapon, with no upgrades, and without even knowing if it was going to work and pop the remaining trophies, I beat the damn boss and got them. This can seriously be a game breaking glitch, but then again, there’s people who do runs like these for “fun”, right? I just had to do it because the game decided to glitch out on me, but honestly? It was an extremely fun game, and I don’t regret buying it at all.

Edited by PolloPawer

Happy to hear it worked out for you. I've not heard of this issue but I suppose the best way to avoid it if anyone gets worried would be to complete that particular playthrough in one go as from what I remember the game isn't long to begin with, especially if you know where to go and how to play.