Helpful Tips for the Platinum

So, this game isn't the most popular but I actually enjoyed it for what it was. I've noticed there isn't a lot of helpful strategies or tips for this game due to its narrow fanbase. Therefore, I thought I'd share my tactics in tackling this flawed yet enjoyable little platinum title. 

1. In the very first mission of the game (the tutorial), be sure to focus the trophy 'We need more Power!'. Let the enemies destroy your generator, then finish the mission before the timer. The longer you wait with the trophy, the more annoying it'll be. 

2. A rule of thumb in this game is that story progression is the most important as this unlocks new characters, cities and units. Dont bother farming your early cities because it's truly a waste of time. Focus mission requirements unless you really feel mission request seems worth it. You really want to reach chapter 18 as fast as possible so you can make each city overpowered/versatile. 

3. Dont bother with any weapons outside of missiles. Missiles are serious overpowered, especially when combining them (one behind the other). Only build other weapons if it requires you to in order to proceed the story but ultimately you can demolish those weapons once built so that you can use that excess power elsewhere.

4. Dont bother overfortifying your offensive units early on. You will be upgrading them various times and when you do, you lose any fortification on that unit. I'd fortify any offensive unit to a maximum of level 5 but no higher. I went the entire game without fortifying any 1*/2*/3* weapons at all and it was still easy. You will likely need to fortify your generators or residences though to help with the city building which is completely fine but they also will be replaced eventually. A maxium of level 10 for them is probably enough but even that is a bit overkill. You can safely fortify activity areas however (Rec Parks, Multi-Plants and Shopping Malls) as they will never be upgraded and they help a lot in boosting city happiness immediately. 

5. Since fortifying isn't worth it early on, it'd be pointless to transfer gems into Illuminite too. You get excessive amounts of it later on from just completing requests and getting promoted so it's basically an unneeded feature anyway. The only time I did transfer gems was to get the ever so rare Colourless gems which I'll explain later on. 

6. Early city setup strategies are always subjective in this game because of all the annoyingly unusable land in each city (which you can't use until chapter 18). However, all my early city setups consisted of missiles on each ring placed in a way that you can line them up easily when it came to strikes. Kimberley and Norilsk have nicer starting setups as you can place 3-4 sets of 3-unit linked missiles which will cover the entire area. Norilsk already has the possibility for the + setup strategy which I'll explain soon enough. Along with the missiles, you definitely want a few counter missiles too because enemies will reach your base early on. Other than that, theres not a lot more to say other than to build residences to improve your city levels as quickly as possible. 

7. In order to grow cities quicker, only do strikes when happiness is over 70% (when the happy emoticon appears on the city), you get the most migrants after each strike when the city is happy. Check to see if there's anything you want to build first as this increases happiness, if not then create events on fortified activity areas to boost this before doing a mission in that city. By chapter 23, it was only Kimberley and Medina that wasn't level 20 yet for me so it only really matters mostly for these two cities mroe than anything. 

8. If you are ever struggling in the game then you can turn the game down to easy. The reason I say this is because i didn't know it existed until I realised the USW recharges faster on easy which made the 'Vulgar Display of Power' (Destroy 50 enemies with USW) so much easier. I was finding that on normal, the strike would end before I could even activate the USW. The game is pretty easy even on normal though. Outside of that trophy, I played the entire game on normal however it is there if you want a more relaxing time. 

9. When it comes to modification, it's best to just modify residences but whatever you do, dont bother modifying missile units. For some reason on my game, they stopped linking as soon as they got modified even when all 3 missiles were modified the same amount. Just to be safe dont modify your linked units because of this. It's not like you need to modify them anyway, its pretty pointless to say the least. 

10. Once you reach chapter 18, the game becomes braindead easy because you can make an + shaped defence layout in every city which destroys anything and everything the game throws at you. I would arrange 12 missiles organised in an + shape and have 2 counter missiles on either side of the city in case of the slightest chance they actually make it there. You can pretty much fill the rest of the city with what you want.

11. Regarding mission requests, sometimes you can get boss requests which will automatically remove your current Alt Density. This can be rather irritable because if you are already close to a boss fight, it basically resets that progression. The best thing to do here is if you are close to a boss fight (800-1000 AD) play a couple of normal missions to trigger the boss which resets your AD then start the boss mission request to do another boss immediately. The reason this is an important tactic is because the Pure Crystals only drop from bosses which you'll need a fair amount of later on. Also to note is that non boss mission requests will never trigger a boss fight no matter what AD you are on. Use this to your advantage. 

Ie. What I did is only do non boss missions requests when between 0 and 1000 AD. Then when AD was above 1000, I'd do a normal mission to trigger the boss and only do boss mission requests at 0 AD. 

12. Colorless crystals are very rare in this game. You'll sometimes get them from boss mission requests but ultimately the easiest way is to transfer gems into Illuminite. Unfortunately gems are worth different amounts of Illuminite. The worth is doubled each time with Purple being the most worth. The easiest thing to do is to exploit this system and to backup save your game before trading 63 purple (20k Illuminite). A good amount for this is 4-6 Colorless crystals so just keep exploiting your backup until you get this amount. Use Turing at 200% focus to further improve your transaction. 

This is everything I can think of from the top of my head which I wish I known beforehand. Let me know if there's anything else you can think of which could be added or if theres any question regarding the game. I dont feel there's enough informative resources regarding this game so I hope this helps. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 11:17 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

3. Dont bother with any weapons outside of missiles. Missiles are serious overpowered, especially when combining them (one behind the other). Only build other weapons if it requires you to in order to proceed the story but ultimately you can demolish those weapons once built so that you can use that excess power elsewhere.

I straight up cannot use this piece of the strategy. Missiles will miss little enemies and let them get close. Having a gatling or cannon interwoven into my missile setups has been the most optimal for me in every level so far.

• 1 year later...