Having trouble setting up my vita

Yamis1brother

So I bought an imported Japanese PsVita that arrived today and I've been trying to set up my account, but I've been having some issues. This is my first ever time owning a Vita so maybe these troubles of mine may have fixes that I haven't noticed yet.

Basically, when I tried using an existing account, regardless if I used my NA or JP account, it kept telling me there was an error and it went on about 2-factor authentication (can't say exactly as I can't read all the kanji). Based off what I know, I go onto Sony's website to generate a 2FA password and it still doesn't work.

Frustrated, I simply decided to skip over it and try later. But now, whenever I try to log-in, it tells me the service is undergoing maintenance. Again, regardless if I use my NA or JP e-mail and either a 2FA generated password or my regular password, it just tells me the service is going under maintenance.

As I'm writing this, it's currently 3:30AM and I'm not sure what to do. Should I wait? Is there something I did wrong? I know that I updated the Vita to the most recent version (version 3.27 or something around those numbers). I'm not sure if that had any effect on my troubles but I thought it was maybe worth mentioning. 

Any answers are appreciated!

It shouldn't be under maintenance. Furthermore you are able to put your vita in any language you choose regardless of where you bought it.

If i were you i would restore/format the vita. When you boot it up it'll ask you which language you'd like to put the vita in.

Also you can login on your vita using http://idp.sn/device-password.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

It shouldn't be under maintenance. Furthermore you are able to put your vita in any language you choose regardless of where you bought it.

If i were you i would restore/format the vita. When you boot it up it'll ask you which language you'd like to put the vita in.

Also you can login on your vita using http://idp.sn/device-password.

I'll see if restoring or formatting fixes it. As for the login, I've been using the exact same link but it never works.

EDIT: I fixed it. The reason for it giving me errors was because I was entering the wrong e-mail for my NA account because apparently I'm a massive idiot at 5:00Am. 

Thanks for the help. I do feel like a fool though lmao

Edited by Yamis1brother
Found the solution