Master of Insight Alert

Hey all,

Quick heads up for everyone going for the plat (which I assume is why you are here).  Master of Insight's requirements are different than from the base game.  There are FOUR post game recipes that you will need to unlock.  Three of them are easy.  The fourth is related to a new cauldron which is locked behind the hardest DLC boss in the Library of all Creation DLC area.  This boss has about 7k hit points and is strong enough to party wipe even a moderately prepared party on the easy difficulty in 2-3 turns.  Good news is that this can be the last recipe you collect and the trophy will unlock (unlike the cauldron glitch in the original).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, Whytewolf416 said:

Hey all,

Quick heads up for everyone going for the plat (which I assume is why you are here).  Master of Insight's requirements are different than from the base game.  There are FOUR post game recipes that you will need to unlock.  Three of them are easy.  The fourth is related to a new cauldron which is locked behind the hardest DLC boss in the Library of all Creation DLC area.  This boss has about 7k hit points and is strong enough to party wipe even a moderately prepared party on the easy difficulty in 2-3 turns.  Good news is that this can be the last recipe you collect and the trophy will unlock (unlike the cauldron glitch in the original).

So any advice on this thing? Or the light elemental? It one hit my party and wiped everyone out. Definitely not fun. I’m actually not liking this game 

Hi all, after getting some direct requests I thought it would be a good idea to put what I did to clear the bosses.  This isn't optimized but I was able to clear all the bosses except the last DLC one with no issues.  To be fair I squeaked by the last one on luck, so with some optimizing by a dedicated Atelier Fan (I'm just a novice at the Atelier series) this could be better.  Look to the trophy guide for the original version to get tips on getting 999 quality armor and weapons without issue.  Please bare with me as it's been a month since I looked at the game and my memory is fuzzy.

My late game party consisted of Sophie, Julio (at the front tanking), Fritz, and Plachta

Gear

Sophie - Eternal Cycle Staff+2 (Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance, Increase Aggression), Paraselene Clothes+3 (Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance, Draw Out Power), Life Bangle (for the HP Regen), Monochrome Glasses (Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance, Increase Aggression).

Juilo - Evandeit-999 quality +2 (Over Power, Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance), Full Metal Shirt-999 quality +3 (Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance, Draw Out Power).  White-Hot Headband w/Inner Fire, Inject Warlike Spirit, Avoid KO M (Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance, All Stat Enhance), Gunade Ring (Well Rounded Power, All Stat Super Enhance, Mutated Material). 

Fritz - True Dark Light-999 quality +3 (same a Sophie), Full Metal Shirt-999 quality +3 (same as Julio), Monochrome Glasses (same as Sophie), Gunade Ring (same as Julio.

Plachta - Bright Night +2 (same as Sophie), Paraselene Clothes +3 (same as Sophie), Monochrome Glasses (same as Sophie), Gunade Ring (same as Julio)

Items

Hero's Medicine (Heroic Descent, All Stats Up L, Temp Stamina Up L, Full of Life, Stable Effect+, Cost Bonus) - One on Sophie, Julio, Fritz, two on Plachta

Fire Dragon Medicine (HP Regen L, Adrenaline Rush, Chain Attack Up L, Sonic Throw, Flickering Light, Crush Dimension) - Two on Sophie, one on Julio, Fritz, Plachta

Breezy Aroma [VERY IMPORTANT] (Healing Aroma, HPMP Recovery S, Awakening!!, Activate Split!!, Secret of Health, Full of Life, Stable Effect +)

All characters were level 20 and had their non-skill based extra traits maxed out.

The above set up allowed me to simply pound away at every enemy in the game including bosses.

Now the DLC boss is hairier.  Because of my Speed Ratings, my first turn order was Fritz, Plachta, Julio, Sophie.  To which I did Fire Dragon Medicine (Julio), Hero's Medicine (Julio), Attack (Julio), and Breezy Aroma (Sophie).  One the second round following Fritz and Plachta would attack as able (you need to keep the pressure on the boss).  I got very lucky due to the fact that I had thrown out a Breezy Aroma to heal, then the boss threw out a mega attack that killed everyone BUT Julio (left him at 20 HP) and then the Activiate Split triggered bringing EVERYONE back to life with full health.  This was the key to my victory as before I didn't go into the fight with any group healing items, but my first trip with a Breezy Aroma did it for you.  You just need to make sure that there's always a heal active during the battle and that should handle most of what the boss will throw at you.

I did not use skills all that much as my experience was, with this gear set-up, simply using attacks worked far better with less downtime.  I was also in offensive stance the entire time.  I didn't use attack items.  Maybe they'll work better but considering I cheesed most of the normal battles in this game using "One Shot Kill" items, I never spent the time to develop good attack items.

Hope this helps anyone stuck.

On 5/23/2021 at 0:38 PM, sealightbreeze said:

How do you stop the light elemental attack when she does the no healing and everything else with the status and inflictions? 

I never had that issue as I usually had her dead before she even got a turn in so I'm not much help there.  Sorry.

On 5/30/2021 at 0:46 AM, Whytewolf416 said:

I never had that issue as I usually had her dead before she even got a turn in so I'm not much help there.  Sorry.

No worries. I ramped up everyone's attacks, Stats,  used the head band, massive HP and basically pummeled her before she had a chance to do anything. Got the plat 

Edited by sealightbreeze