Platinum Trophy Advice

Whytewolf416

Hey all,

This thread is meant mostly for those looking to Platinum the game as there is currently no guide.

The platinum is straightforward and nothing is missable.  There are some caveats however.  The game requires 500 in game days on one tower.  An in-game day at max speed takes 110 seconds.  So, assuming you never go AFK, you can complete this requirement in about 15.5 hours (it'll take you about 8 hours to get the rest of the trophies leading up to this), however; the game kicks back to normal time (1 day takes 24 minutes) whenever there is an event.  Events occur automatically every 20 in-game days.  There are also disaster events that can take place outside those 20 days.  So if you are planning on letting the game run overnight to soak up time, you're in for a rude awakening especially as there is no in-game marker (that I found easily) showing the number of days your tower has been around).

The game is also prone to crashing (especially on saving, and, no, the game does not autosave), which will prolong the time investment.  The game will lag and become hard to control if you are attempting to build onto the tower if the tower population is over 350 and the in-game timer is running (requiring you to pause the time).  I play on a PS4 Pro.  I don't know if the lag is present on a PS5.

Lastly, there is a trophy for buying all the land plots.  This CANNOT be done on a Huge map (as all the land plots have already been bought), so start on the second largest map ($2M and the trophy is yours).  You also don't need to build any actual rooms for the floor trophies, just need to set up the building of the corridor.  Prestige is based primarily on all the attractions.  5 stars pops around 1200 prestige (I wasn't paying close attention) so build them whenever you can.

Hope this helps anyone planning on going after this plat.  The game isn't bad.  Just needed a little TLC.

• Like 4

I've been playing on PS5, the lag is just as bad. Seems to be more tied towards stars you have though. I can run 1500 people on 0 to 2 stars fine, after that it just starts to break.

It's probably important to note that even though the FPS drops (before I restarted, my first tower I was getting 3 frames every 2 seconds) the game is still running all of the logic, it's just not rendering it. In my first tower every 2 seconds everything would suddenly render with all of the changes after being effectively frozen otherwise, so it still takes 110secs/day at any rate. If you want a smoother/less potential of issue run for the 500 days: I would suggest starting a new tower and keeping it small to lessen the issues with saving.

I've also found that the saving crashing seems to happen more as the FPS drops AND also if you try to save too fast. When you press Options, wait a second, click save, wait a second, then choose the file (if you're overwriting wait another second before confirming). I've been doing this on a new file every 10mins for a couple of hours now with no issues so far, and it was the only way I could get it to not crash while saving on my original tower...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/05/2021 at 11:56 AM, Whytewolf416 said:

Hey all,

This thread is meant mostly for those looking to Platinum the game as there is currently no guide.

The platinum is straightforward and nothing is missable.  There are some caveats however.  The game requires 500 in game days on one tower.  An in-game day at max speed takes 110 seconds.  So, assuming you never go AFK, you can complete this requirement in about 15.5 hours (it'll take you about 8 hours to get the rest of the trophies leading up to this), however; the game kicks back to normal time (1 day takes 24 minutes) whenever there is an event.  Events occur automatically every 20 in-game days.  There are also disaster events that can take place outside those 20 days.  So if you are planning on letting the game run overnight to soak up time, you're in for a rude awakening especially as there is no in-game marker (that I found easily) showing the number of days your tower has been around).

The game is also prone to crashing (especially on saving, and, no, the game does not autosave), which will prolong the time investment.  The game will lag and become hard to control if you are attempting to build onto the tower if the tower population is over 350 and the in-game timer is running (requiring you to pause the time).  I play on a PS4 Pro.  I don't know if the lag is present on a PS5.

Lastly, there is a trophy for buying all the land plots.  This CANNOT be done on a Huge map (as all the land plots have already been bought), so start on the second largest map ($2M and the trophy is yours).  You also don't need to build any actual rooms for the floor trophies, just need to set up the building of the corridor.  Prestige is based primarily on all the attractions.  5 stars pops around 1200 prestige (I wasn't paying close attention) so build them whenever you can.

Hope this helps anyone planning on going after this plat.  The game isn't bad.  Just needed a little TLC.

2,500 prestige,

3,000 visitors daily,

$10,000,000+ in the bank,

Level 46,

220+ in game days played.

Stuck on 3 stars (Normal Size Plot, Normal Difficulty)

Game is lagging and unplayable now with crashes every 5 minutes on a PS5.

I'll try and restart but do you remember the difficulty/plot size of your file to get the 5 stars?

• 5 months later...

I played on easy and started with the 2nd largest map.

I think I figured it out. I was stuck on 4 stars. I had a tower of 1600 people, 2200 prestige, total width in use for 23 floors, the game lagged like hell since about 900 people and it got worse the more people entered, but somehow never crashed on me. And then I build the attractions I had build once but deleted again, because I couldn't build something on top of them and I didn't like that for my tower. Turns out you need to have one of each attraction to go up in the number of stars.

This youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBU3VZrkJYw shows at 36 seconds what the requirements are. I tried hovering over my stars but never got that popup like he got on the pc ... It shows that 1600 people + 800 prestige is necessary, since I had both and didn't get the 5th star I was like: now what? I found out that having one of each attraction is what is also necessary.

So, in short:

1600 people

800 prestige

at least 1 of each attraction

If you have the above and no 5 stars: try building something you don't have yet. Or get to more prestige, which is really easy.

Maybe there are more requirements like so many apartments, hotel rooms, offices, shops, etc. but I probably had enough of those, if those are required.

Maybe you also need to have one of each restaurant type, I already had.

Another tip I'd like to share: gaining xp: you get the most from the tasks like 'reach this many visitors, people visiting restaurants, attractions or using parking'. The most you get from the tasks like 'earn revenue, turnover or rent'. Skip/delete tasks like: build this building or get so many hotel bookings. The tasks system stops when reaching level 100.

The higher your level, the more xp these tasks give, xp earned from having a larger tower doesn't scale with level.

One final remark: when my tower reached a certain size in rooms, I couldn't select anything anymore in any menu. Whatever I clicked, it opened a 'nearby room'. To be able to select something from any menu again, move all way out of your tower, to the bottom or top or sideways, enough so there are no more rooms in view. Then I could select what I wanted, move all the way back to where I wanted to place that room .. quite a hassle, but at least I could keep on playing.

Currently grinding my way to 500 in game days for my platinum. And deleting rooms while I wait, to remove people from my tower so it doesn't lag as much .. This is a slow process but keeps me busy.

Edited by de_digibeet