The one and only - help...

So, Normal (not even insanity) difficulty against mirrored opponents (Shepards) in the Armax arena.

How?

More specifically what am I supposed to do against the Vanguard?

1. Be in cover, full health and shields lv 60 engineer

2. Vanguard teleports and staggers you, takes away your shields or depletes 90%

3. You roll back to avoid the ground slam,(50/50 it catches you and you die)

4. If you survive and keep moving/rolling back to regain health and shields, the Vanguard teleports to you again and kills you. (if not, follow-up groundslam to kill you while staggered)

It happened for my last 5 attempts at this. What the hell?

I've beaten ME2 and ME3 (never bought this DLC) on Insanity and no Banshee, Reaper, Harbinger, or Praetorian ever came close to this level of bullshit.

Oh yeah, I spend a lot of time there too - but I used a lot of skills radial menu, timed everything, never lost a cover far away from the spawn point (though some moving around is needed to avoid grenades) and with Black Widow sniper rifle tried to score as many headshots as possible. 

Pick your squad carefully and just be patient - you'll make it ;> . 

Edited by Des_Hiro

Yeah, managed. But it felt lucky more than anything - i.e. some radnom engineer didn't rush me simultaneously to whack me with the gun or throw 2 incinerates in a row.

Only advice I can give is find and kill the Vanguard first, if the comes to you - you're as good as dead anyway.

This can actually be easy cheesed which may be an oversight from BioWare. You can start the match on easy and change the difficulty to normal or higher just before you kill the final Sheppard. That's what I did because I wasn't sure I could do it the legit way after dying so fast on my previous attempts. 

• Like 3

Finished it on Insanity today and after trying/dying about twenty times in different locations I found a great location where I one shot it with no issues at all. It is on the "Pain Train" map. You want to run into what looks to be a waiting room with a bunch of lined up chairs and head to the row in the back. From here you can't get backdoored or be physically flanked (Vanguards like to do this). If a grenade is tossed at you just shift to the other side with other chairs in a row. This effectively assures safety from grenades, bottle necks them all into one entrance to get to you, and sets you up far enough away where you can either snipe them fast or nickel and dime them down. I am sure if you/others try this method you will see it is effective.

The AI will never rush at you with a full group of enemies so you only deal with one to two at a time with this method and only deal with potential damage from the front which makes it much easier. I used EVI and Kasumi for this since that is a good quick hitting duo.

Edited by medcsu

Does the one modifier that gives the player a damage boost mess with this trophy or can it be used to help yourself out?

Update: Used the modifier and got the trophy to pop. 

Edited by Mav485
  • Like 1